EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Part-time
WORK LOCATION: Miami-Dade and Broward Counties
The NCCER Craft Instructor will have experience, or prior responsibilities with training or assisting any of the NCCER administrative or hands-on functions and providing quality instruction to trainees enrolled in the carpentry program. The Craft Instructor will assist with craft assessments and additional workforce development implementations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate mastery of NCCER carpentry course content.
- Manage classroom teaching conditions and environment in order to promote a positive classroom environment.
- Continuously improve instructional quality by reviewing and utilizing innovative methodologies, techniques and delivery methods.
- Academically coach, guide, mentor, monitor progress, and empower trainees to achieve optimum success.
- Interpret NCCER carpentry curriculum and effectively communicate learning objectives.
- Instruct trainees in the basic carpentry with emphasis on safety, mathematics, blueprint reading, carpentry tools, wood, wood fasteners, hardware, framing, rough and fine finishing.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER)
- Minimum associate degree or higher in education- related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
- Minimum of three (2) years relevant experience as a trainer, instructor, or educator.
- Experience in Industrial Carpentry trade.
- Knowledge of power and hand tools related to the carpentry trade.
- Proven work experience as a training coordinator, trainer, training facilitator or similar role.
- Familiarity with traditional and modern job training methods and techniques.
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments.
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate ideas and instructions clearly and
- Display and promote high standards of ethical conduct and behaviors consistent with organizational and government standards.
- Represent Gang Alternative, Inc. in a positive and professional manner both inside and outside the organization.
- Must possess a proficiency working with Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to successfully navigate through the Internet, excel, power point, and other applicable
- This position will require occasional independent travel between headquarters and training and meeting venues. The candidate must maintain valid Driver’s License and insurance coverage on personal vehicle at all times during
- Performing the duties of this position requires the ability to walk, sit, stand, reach, talk, hear and lift presentation materials, including tools and equipment.
- Other duties as
Interested, qualified applicants may submit their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org