- Operate the van and transport school-aged children safely and efficiently over specified routes to and from school and home.
- Ensures that the van can be operated safely before driving and conducts pre-trip safety inspections.
- Operates the vehicle safely over an assigned route, picking up and delivering only authorized children.
- Reports all accidents immediately and completes required accident reports.
- Notifies the proper authority in cases of mechanical failure, safety deficiencies or other incidents.
- Returns the van to the assigned parking lot, performs a final inspection and secures the van according to procedures.
- Document mileage log daily
- Monitors passengers during transit for the purpose of maintaining order and ensuring the safety of passengers.
- Obey all traffic laws.
- Discipline children when required to maintain a safe and healthy environment.
- Bilingual (English/Creole or English/Spanish)
- Miami-Dade County Chauffeur’s Registration
- Available to work the required program hours
- Reliable personal transportation and personal cellular phone
- Pass FDLE Level II criminal background check (fingerprint)
- Pass drug screening