Title: Project Assistant (UPDFCC)
Reports To: Project Coordinator
Employment Type: Full-time
Work Location: Miami-Dade County
Gang Alternative, Inc.’s Urban Partnership Drug Free Community Coalition is a community-focused initiative dedicated to educating, empowering and saving today’s youth. UPDFCC originated as a collaboration of indigenous community churches, providers and stakeholders from the Greater Liberty City/Little Haiti community, who joined together in 2009 with a sense of urgency to address their community’s high risk for negative child outcomes with a strong focus on the abuse of marijuana and alcohol. UPDFCC is made up of 12 sectors (youth, parent, business, media, schools, youth serving organizations, law enforcement, civic/volunteer, religious and fraternal organizations, healthcare professionals, state or tribal government agencies in the field of substance abuse and substance abuse agencies). Professionals from these sectors meet monthly to discuss strategies on how to change the social norms of their community and families through environmental strategies to raise awareness, campaigns and community wide events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for providing office support to further the work of the Coalition including logistical, and communication support to coordinate coalition business, administrative matters and to provide fiscal processing and tracking for receipts and payables, check requisitions and expenditures. Primary responsibilities include:
- Provides administrative support services for Project Director and Coordinator.
- Coordinates and tracks flow of office activities to enhance efficiency of Coalition functions.
- Provides required office support for Coalition Action Plan activities.
- Facilitates Coalition business transactions and communications using telephone, e-mails and hard mail.
- Provides timely data entry and reporting to support grant deliverables.
- Facilitates Coalition meetings and meeting arrangements including catering.
- Tracks and routs incoming Coalition mail; logs and processes invoices and payments.
- Maintains communication with supply and service providers, tracks work orders, and other activities related to day-to-day office support.
- Handles travel arrangements and expense reconciliations.
- Handles ordering and distribution of supplies and materials necessary to carry out the Coalition’s work.
- Provides as services as required to facilitate Coalition Action
- Prepare presentations designed to promote Gang Alternative, Inc.’s programs as education content for area/regional/state forums.
- Participate in agency meetings, in-service trainings and workshops as deemed appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
Position requires a high school diploma with an emphasis on business skills (preferably an AA Degree in Business) and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in office support functions including financial management related functions.
- Excellent organizational efficiency, attention to detail, and ability to work independently.
- Strong prioritization, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Computer proficiency is required with demonstrated ability to use MS Office programs, excel spreadsheets, mail merge and other functions for contact management and reporting purposes.
- Ability to create and manage financial spreadsheets.
- Excellent ability to read/write/speak English. Bi-lingual Creole/Spanish preferable but not required.
- Excellent ability to follow directions and produce accurate work products.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cultural competence and ability to work effectively with a variety of audiences, youth and adult volunteers.
- This position may require independent travel between work station and other sites. Consequently, the incumbent must maintain valid Driver’s License and insurance coverage on personal vehicle at all times during employment.
- Performing the duties of this position requires the ability to walk, sit, stand, reach, talk, hear and lift presentation materials, including equipment.
Gang Alternative, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
Gang Alternative, Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be a part of a highly effective nonprofit program. Gang Alternative, Inc. will offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, health, 403b and vacation benefits.
This position shall have access to information in a personnel and client’s record only to the extent that such information is required to carry out job duties. Any information obtained will only be used by or disclosed to those who have a need to know to ensure the provision of quality client care. Staff and client information is to be held strictly confidential.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties required of personnel so classified. Responsibilities, knowledge, skill, abilities and working conditions may be supplemented or revised at any time.