Reports To: Program Manager, Minority Violence Prevention Project (MVP88)
Employment Type: Full-time
Work Location: Miami-Dade County
Minority Violence Prevention Project (MVP88) is a 4-years study of innovative and culturally competent approaches designed to significantly reduce the impact and prevalence of violence among racial/ethnic minorities in Miami-Dade County.
Case Management is a key component of Gang Alternative, Inc.’s programs. MVP’s Site Coordinator is responsible for providing case management services including: outreach and recruitment; screening; administering assessments; preparing client development plans; creating and maintaining client files; facilitating sessions; coordinating client development activities; monitoring and tracking client progress including administering data collection and evaluation instruments; and resource development including linking clients to appropriate support services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct outreach and execute recruitment processes consistent with the program goals and objectives.
- Conduct client intakes, eligibility verification and documentation according to funder and Gang Alternative, Inc.’s guidelines.
- Evaluate clients’ appropriateness for program participation, maintaining written documentation detailing contacts made with client.
- Administer assessments and utilize assessment results to inform the development of the clients’ development plans.
- Provide guidance and monitor individual client activities as outlined in their development plan in order to track progress of individual clients toward attainment of identified goals.
- Facilitate sessions using prescribed curricula and evidence-based practices (e.g. Anger Replacement Therapy- ART)
- Prepare presentations designed to promote Gang Alternative, Inc.’s programs as education content for area/regional/state forums.
- Research, obtain, and organize resources that will guide clients in making educational, vocational, and employment decisions.Accurately track, input data, and maintain comprehensive case files (physical and electronic) with fidelity for clients in compliance with external regulatory standards and agency policy and procedure.
- Build and maintain key relationships with clients and maintain contact with them based upon their risk/need and provide appropriate guidance.
- Build and maintain professional working relationships with other team members; school personnel; and community service providers.
- Attend scheduled meetings and participate in scheduled activities deemed necessary by the Program Manager or other Senior Management Staff to include community meetings and community information fairs.
- Follow all requirements and guidelines of program funders under guidance of Program Manager.
- Conduct level-of-care determinations that have integrity and conform with agency and governance mandates, while concurrently ensuring that clients receive the information required towards making informed choices regarding program participation.
- Collect and input data into prescribed database(s) for ongoing supervisory and funder review.
- Coordinate links to appropriate support services and provide appropriate referrals.
- Prepare reports, as required, for submission to funder and other partners via Program Manager.
- Keep supervisor informed of day-to-day activities, significant events or conditions impacting client and/or staff well-being, team safety, and office operations.
- Serve as an Ambassador of Gang Alternative, Inc.
- Provide client services with performance excellence and contract compliance.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related degree. Master’s Degree in Social Work preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant experience in counseling, case management; prevention programming ,program management and/or providing training, mentoring, support to diverse populations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, professionalism and maturity in handling sensitive information, client interaction and community relations.
- Demonstrated experience in developing relationships with clients and service providers.
- Knowledge of case management principles, objectives, standards, and methods.
- Knowledge of Miami-Dade County community and government service delivery and case management delivery systems.
- Knowledge of motivational interviewing concepts and techniques.
- Strong leadership, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to organize, plan, and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take a collaborative, team-oriented approach.
- Ability to work with and engage individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Skill to communicate ideas and instructions clearly and concisely.
- Skill to coordinate with other staff, departments, officials, agencies, organizations, and the public.
- Must be able to pass a level once clearance.
- Must possess a proficiency working with Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to successfully navigate through the Internet, Excel, Power Point, and other applicable software.
- CCM, LCSW, BSW, MSW certification or degrees are a plus
- Bilingual (Creole, Spanish) skills a plus.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position may require independent travel between work station and other sites. Consequently, the incumbent must maintain valid Driver’s License and insurance coverage on personal vehicle at all times during employment.
- Performing the duties of this position requires the ability to walk, sit, stand, reach, talk, hear and lift presentation materials, including equipment.
Gang Alternative, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
Gang Alternative, Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be a part of a highly-effective nonprofit program. Gang Alternative, Inc. will offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, health, 403b and vacation benefits.
This position shall have access to information in a personnel and client’s record only to the extent that such information is required to carry out job duties. Any information obtained will only be used by or disclosed to those who have a need to know to ensure the provision of quality client care. Staff and client information’s is to be held strictly confidential.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties required of personnel so classified. Responsibilities, knowledge, skill, abilities and working conditions may be supplemented or revised at any time.