JOB DESCRIPTION: Wrap-around Services Coordinator – Miami Carol City Senior High School
Reports to: Program Manager
Reporting to the Program Manager, this position leads and facilitates the process of engaging families, community members, and service providers in critical decisions related to safety and risk and works with program design, evaluation, outreach and training resources to improve program performance to students at Miami Carol City Senior High School.
- Assesses client needs and family strengths and formulates an appropriate and responsive plan of action that addresses identified areas of need.
- Circulates descriptive program literature and contact information.
- Conducts level-of-care determinations that have integrity and conform with agency and governance mandates, while concurrently ensuring that clients receive the information required towards making informed choices regarding program participation.
- Evaluates clients’ appropriateness for program participation, maintaining written documentation detailing each client contact made.
- Documents all pertinent information on appropriate screening forms.
- Communicates with prospective clients’ referral contacts to arrange transfers, arranging transportation of outreached clients to intake appointments when approved by supervisor.
- Attends monthly School of Hope Impact meetings at Miami Carol City Senior High School.
- Keeps supervisor informed of day-to-day activities, significant events or conditions impacting on client and/or staff well-being, team safety, and office operations.
- Ensures the maintenance of accurate, complete, timely and high-quality client records that comply with external regulatory standards and agency policy and procedure.
- Provides orientation education to clients regarding program rules and regulations, client rights and grievance procedures, staff roles and program structure, and information pertaining to available program services and optional methods of attaining recovery goals.
- Where indicated by team assignment, delivers Life Skills and Academic Hustle Training sessions to selected students via after school at Miami Carol City Senior High School.
- Other duties as assigned
- B.A. or B.S. in Social Work or related fields
- Three or more years’ experience as a care coordinator.
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
This position shall have access to information in a personnel and client’s record only to the extent that such information is required to carry out job duties. Any information obtained will only be used by or disclosed to those who have a need to know to ensure the provision of quality client care. Staff and client information’s is to be held strictly confidential.