Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Administrative Associate provides clerical and administrative assistance to GA’s Executive Leadership Team.
This position requires independent travel between GA’s corporate offices in Broward and Miami-Dade Counties and all of GA’s program sites in both Counties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide clerical and administrative support to GA’s Executive Leadership Team including:
scheduling appointments; arranging deliveries/shipments; sorting and prioritizing incoming mail; processing outgoing mail; preparing purchase orders and check requests; file management (physical and electrical); typing, copying, scanning, filing and binding documents; generate reports; setting up meetings including preparing meeting spaces; preparing agendas and documents for staff meetings; taking notes in meetings and transcribing minutes for staff meetings and other meetings chaired by members of the Executive Team.
• Answer the main office telephone line, screen, and route calls to appropriate party.
• Ensure that all incoming GA mail is date stamped as received and distributed to appropriate staff, on and off site.
• Greet and provide general support to visitors.
• Support GA’s Data Team with data collection and data entry.
• Conduct resumes prescreening.
Qualifications and Competencies
• High School diploma with at least 2 years experience in professional work environment. Associate’s Degree in Business or Office Administration preferred
• Prior administrative experience
• Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Attention to details
• Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Proactive qualities with the willingness to learn.
• Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
• Ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
• Ability to regularly travel between GA’s corporate office in Broward and Miami-Dade Counties as well as all GA program sites.
- This position may require independent travel between workstation and other sites. Consequently, the incumbent must always maintain valid Driver’s License and insurance coverage on personal vehicle during
- Performing the duties of this position requires the ability to walk, sit, stand, reach, talk, hear, and lift presentation materials, including equipment.
Gang Alternative, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen based on ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
Gang Alternative, Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace.
Compensation and Benefits
Gang Alternative, Inc. will offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, health, 403b and vacation benefits.
- Health Insurance (partially funded by employer)
- Medical Gap Insurance (fully funded by employer)
- Dental Insurance (partially funded by employer)
- Vision Insurance (fully funded by employer)
- Life and AD&D (fully funded by employer)
- Supplemental Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement plan (with employer match)
- Family Medical Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off, including Birthday and Personal Day
- Professional development opportunities
- Opportunities for career growth
To apply for this career fill out the form below
- Administrative Associate
- Program Manager- GPS
- Director of Programs
- Financial Controller
- GED Teacher
- Part Time Driver
- After School Instructor
- Natural Helper
- Certified Teacher
- Case Manager, At-Risk Youth Development Program
- Employment Specialist, At-Risk Youth Development Program
- Data Specialist
- Program Coordinator, Youth Substance Abuse Prevention Programming
- Program Manager, School Violence Prevention Program
- Case Manager, School Violence Prevention Program
- Job Developer, Youth Re-entry Program
- Case Manager, Youth Re-entry Program
- Therapist (Part-Time)
- Director of People & Culture (for a non-profit organization)
- Job Developer, Workforce Development Department
- Part-time Driver
- Tutor/Certified Teacher (Math Specialization)
- Youth Prevention Specialist
- Site Coordinator
- Therapist (Miami-Dade County)
- Case Manager, UPLIFT Service Partnership
- Family Support Specialist
- Therapist (Homestead)