Case Manager, Mission Educate
The incumbent must be able to pass a Level 2 Background Screening.
Gang Alternative, Inc.’s Mission Educate is an initiative to assist marginalized and underserved Black women workers in understanding and accessing their employment rights, public services, and benefits.
The Case Manager will maintain responsibility for navigational wraparound care coordination for program participants,
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct outreach in Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties to identify eligible women for participation in employment rights educational sessions.
- Assist in coordinating and facilitating educational sessions throughout the tri-county area (Palm Beach. Broward, and Palm Beach).
- Conduct participant intakes, eligibility verification and documentation.
- Administer and analyze evidence-based assessments.
- Utilize assessment results to inform the development of the participants’ Individual Development Plan/Case Plan.
- Provide guidance and monitor individual participant activities as outlined in the case plan to track progress of individual participants toward attainment of identified goals.
- Accurately track, input data, and maintain comprehensive case files (physical and electronic) for participants.
- Coordinate links to appropriate support services and provide appropriate referrals such as transportation assistance, basic needs and emergency assistance, behavioral health support, medical health support and access to other support services.
- Build and maintain healthy relationships with participants.
- Serve as an Ambassador of Gang Alternative, Inc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related degree.
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant experience in case management.
- Bi-lingual in English-Haitian Creole is required.
- Demonstrated experience developing relationships with service providers.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and partnerships.
- Demonstrated experience working with women providing care coordination and administering assessments.
- Knowledge of case management principles, objectives, standards, and methods, including motivational interviewing.
- Ability to travel throughout the tri-county area on a regular basis. (Note: mileage is reimbursable)
- Willingness to work flexible schedules as deemed necessary.
- Familiarity with support service agencies in the tri-county area.
- Ability to work with and engage individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated capacity to handle multiple tasks, projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Ability to take a collaborative, team-oriented approach.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite especially Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- This position may require independent travel between workstation and other sites. Consequently, the incumbent must always maintain valid Driver’s License and insurance coverage on personal vehicle during employment.
- Performing the duties of this position requires the ability to walk, sit, stand, reach, talk, hear and lift presentation materials, including equipment.
Gang Alternative, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
Gang Alternative, Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace.
Gang Alternative, Inc. will offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, health, 403b, and vacation benefits.
This position shall have access to information in a personnel and client’s record only to the extent that such information is required to carry out job duties. Any information obtained will only be used by or disclosed to those who have a need to know to ensure the provision of quality client care. Staff and client information’s are to be held strictly confidential.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties required of personnel so classified. Responsibilities, knowledge, skill, abilities and working conditions may be supplemented or revised at any time.
To apply for this career fill out the form below
- Driver & Operations Support
- Outreach Specialist
- After School Instructor
- Natural Helper
- Certified Teacher
- Case Manager, At-Risk Youth Development Program
- Employment Specialist, At-Risk Youth Development Program
- Data Specialist
- Program Coordinator, Youth Substance Abuse Prevention Programming
- Program Coordinator/Outreach Coordinator, Mission Educate
- Program Manager, School Violence Prevention Program
- Case Manager, Mission Educate
- Case Manager, School Violence Prevention Program
- Program Manager, Youth Re- entry Program
- Job Developer, Youth Re-entry Program
- Case Manager, Youth Re-entry Program
- Therapist (Part-Time)
- Director of People & Culture (for a non-profit organization)
- Program Manager, Therapeutic Intervention Programs
- Job Developer, Workforce Development Department
- VIP Part-time Driver
- Tutor/Certified Teacher (Math Specialization)
- Youth Prevention Specialist
- Site Coordinator
- Therapist (Miami-Dade County)
- Case Manager, UPLIFT Service Partnership
- Therapist (Homestead)