Case Manager, Opioid Prevention Project (OPP)
Gang Alternative, Inc.’s Opioid Prevention Project (OPP) is a holistic program focused on mitigating the risk factors and strengthening protective factors to prevent opioid misuse and delay the onset of any alcohol or drug use within high-risk communities. OPP utilizes evidence-based prevention, intervention, and treatment programs for middle school-aged youth and their families impacted by opioid addiction in South Miami-Dade County.
The Case Manager is responsible for the implementation of intervention programming that ensures families receive appropriate services. He/She will develop individualized and family treatment plans, schedule and deliver services, and assist with reporting measures. The Case Manager will guide clients and their families through case management and wrap-around care services needed to help them refrain from drug usage and to build skills for a healthy life.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct outreach and execute recruitment processes consistent with the program goals and objectives.
• Conduct participant intakes, eligibility verification, and documentation.
• Administer and analyze evidence-based assessments.
• Utilize assessment results to inform the development of the participants’ Individual Development Plan/Family Case Plan.
• Provide guidance and monitor individual participant activities as outlined in the case plan to track progress of individual participants toward attainment of identified goals.
• Accurately track input data, and maintain comprehensive case files (physical and electronic) for participants.
• Facilitate monthly Parent Circle meetings.
• Conduct frequent one-on-one participant sessions.
• Coordinate links to appropriate support services and provide appropriate referrals such as transportation assistance, basic needs and emergency assistance, behavioral health support, medical health support, and access to other support services.
• Build and maintain healthy relationships with participants.
• Serve as an Ambassador of Gang Alternative, Inc.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Social Work, Criminal Justice, or related field.
• Three years of experience serving youth and families preferably in outreach and case management.
• Demonstrated experience in working with evidence-based prevention models and culturally relevant adaptations for the target community.
• Strong interpersonal skills, cultural competence, and ability to work effectively with youth and adult volunteers in a collaborative, team-oriented approach.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, professionalism and maturity in handling sensitive information, participant interaction, and community relations.
• Ability to organize, plan, and manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to manage time efficiently and meet deadlines.
• Knowledge of South Miami-Dade County community and youth preferred.
• Bilingual in English/Spanish strongly preferred.
- This position may require independent travel between workstation and other sites. Consequently, the incumbent must always maintain valid Driver’s License and insurance coverage on personal vehicle during employment.
• Performing the duties of this position requires the ability to walk, sit, stand, reach, talk, hear and lift presentation materials, including equipment.
• Gang Alternative, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen based on ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
• Gang Alternative, Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be a part of a highly effective nonprofit program and partnering with the other members of the Middle Management team. Gang Alternative, Inc. will offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, health, 403b and vacation benefits.
Gang Alternative, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
Gang Alternative, Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace.
This position shall have access to information in a personnel and client’s record only to the extent that such information is required to carry out job duties. Any information obtained will only be used by or disclosed to those who have a need to know to ensure the provision of quality client care. Staff and client information’s is to be held strictly confidential.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties required of personnel so classified. Responsibilities, knowledge, skill, abilities and working conditions may be supplemented or revised at any time.
To apply for this career fill out the form below
- Therapist (Part-Time)
- Director of People & Culture (for a non-profit organization)
- Case Manager, Opioid Prevention Project (OPP)
- Program Manager, Therapeutic Intervention Programs
- Job Developer, Workforce Development Department
- VIP Part-time Driver
- Tutor/Certified Teacher (Math Specialization)
- Youth Prevention Specialist
- Site Coordinator
- Program Officer (UPSCM)
- Therapist (Miami-Dade County)
- Success Coach, UPLIFT Service Partnership
- Therapist (Homestead)