Case Manager, School Violence Prevention Program
The incumbent must be able to pass a Level 2 Background Screening.
Gang Alternative, Inc.’s Project BRAVE is an initiative that seeks to increase school safety by implementing training of school personnel and education of students on preventing school violence. The Case Manager will maintain responsibility for navigational wraparound care coordination for program participants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct outreach and recruitment of middle and high school participants for in-school evidence-based programming.
- Conduct participant intakes, eligibility verification and documentation.
- Administer and analyze evidence-based assessments.
- Utilize assessment results to inform the development of the participants’ Individual Development Plan/Case Plan.
- Provide guidance and monitor individual participant activities as outlined in the case plan to track progress of individual participants toward attainment of identified goals.
- Accurately track, input data, and maintain comprehensive case files (physical and electronic) for participants.
- Coordinate links to appropriate support services and provide appropriate referrals such as transportation assistance, basic needs and emergency assistance, behavioral health support, medical health support and access to other support services.
- Build and maintain healthy relationships with participants.
- Support training of school officials on intervening and responding to individuals in mental health crises; social emotional learning; anti-bullying prevention; suicide prevention, and other evidence-based programs that may improve school
- Assist in identifying comprehensive, data-driven prevention strategies that work most effectively to prevent and reduce school violence.
- Serve as an Ambassador of Gang Alternative, Inc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related degree.
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant experience in case management.
- Demonstrated experience developing relationships with service providers.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and partnerships.
- Demonstrated experience working with women providing care coordination and administering assessments.
- Prior experience working with or within the Broward County Public School system is an asset.
- Knowledge of case management principles, objectives, standards, and methods, including motivational interviewing.
- Willingness to work flexible schedules as deemed necessary.
- Familiarity with support service agencies in Broward County.
- Ability to work with and engage individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated capacity to handle multiple tasks, projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Ability to take a collaborative, team-oriented approach.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite especially Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- This position require independent travel between workstation and other sites i. Consequently, the incumbent must always maintain valid Driver’s License and insurance coverage on personal vehicle during employment.
- Performing the duties of this position requires the ability to walk, sit, stand, reach, talk, hear and lift presentation materials, including equipment.
Gang Alternative, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
Gang Alternative, Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace.
Compensation and Benefits
Gang Alternative, Inc. will offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, health, 403b, and vacation benefits.
- Health Insurance (partially funded by employer)
- Medical Gap Insurance (fully funded by employer)
- Dental Insurance (partially funded by employer)
- Vision Insurance (fully funded by employer)
- Life and AD&D (fully funded by employer)
- Supplemental Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement plan (with employer match)
- Family Medical Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off, including Birthday and Personal Day
- Professional development opportunities
- Opportunities for career growth
This position shall have access to information in a personnel and client’s record only to the extent that such information is required to carry out job duties. Any information obtained will only be used by or disclosed to those who have a need to know to ensure the provision of quality client care. Staff and client information’s are to be held strictly confidential.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties required of personnel so classified. Responsibilities, knowledge, skill, abilities and working conditions may be supplemented or revised at any time.
To apply for this career fill out the form below
- Youth Prevention Specialist (Afterschool Programs) 10.30 am – 7.00 pm
- Youth Prevention Specialist, BLOC (Homestead) 10.30 am – 7.00pm
- Program Manager- Youth Violence Intervention Program
- Program Assistant – UPSCM Coalition
- Program Manager – Workforce Re-entry, Project GO
- Employment Specialist
- Case Manager
- Outreach Worker
- Administrative Associate
- Program Manager- Afterschool Program
- Director of Programs
- Program Manager, Collective Action for Addressing Trauma Program
- Certified Teacher
- Case Manager, At-Risk Youth Development Program
- Employment Specialist, At-Risk Youth Development Program
- Data Specialist
- Program Manager, School Violence Prevention Programs
- Case Manager, School Violence Prevention Program
- Job Developer, Youth Re-entry Program
- Therapist (Part-Time)
- Director of People & Culture (for a non-profit organization)
- Case Manager, Opioid Prevention Project (OPP)
- Job Developer, Workforce Development Department
- Youth Prevention Specialist
- Part-time Certified Teacher (Afterschool Program)
- Program Manager, Therapy and Parenting Programs
- Training Coordinator, Mental Health First Aid Program
- Program Manager, Sexual Risk Avoidance Education Programs, Miami-Dade
- Youth Prevention Specialist (Homestead)
- Therapist (Miami-Dade County)
- Public Policy/Coalition Manager
- Success Coach (Case Manager), UPLIFT Service Partnership
- Family Support Specialist
- Youth Prevention Specialist (Belle Glade, FL)
- Therapist (Homestead)