Gang Alternative, Inc.’s Urban Partnership for Success Coalition is designed to synergize local prevention efforts to strengthen prevention capacity/infrastructure at the community level and more effectively, prevent the onset and progression of substance abuse and abuse-related problems across high-risk communities and among persons aged 9-20. The work plan of the Urban Partnership for Success Coalition includes:
- Collecting and reporting community-level data on alcohol, marijuana, and opioid use in the target area.
- Identifying and selecting the comprehensive, data-driven prevention strategies that work most effectively to prevent and reduce alcohol/marijuana//opioid abuse and abuse-related problems.
- Identifying, developing, and providing specialized training and technical assistance to increase community capacity to deliver the most effective evidence-based programs, strategies, and policies.
- Developing and disseminating effective prevention strategies and messaging in the target area.
- Utilizing community coalition-building strategies to improve alcohol/substance abuse prevention efforts.
- Leveraging other funding streams/resources to improve alcohol/marijuana/opioid prevention efforts.
This position provides technical and administrative support for the Urban Partnership for Success Coalition Action Plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and track flow of office activities to enhance the efficiency of Coalition functions, this includes supporting the Public Policy Manager in the tracking of the implementation of the Coalition Action Plan.
- Facilitate Coalition business transactions and communications including preparing presentations and promotional materials.
- Support Public Policy Manager in developing correlated policies and planning processes; facilitating implementation processes with a broad range of stakeholders to project objectives; analyzing alignment of resources and organizational systems in place for the coalition stakeholders.
- Support the dissemination of policies, effective planning practices, and resources across Coalition and between Coalition stakeholders.
- Provide timely data entry and reporting to support grant deliverables.
- Facilitate Coalition meetings and meeting arrangements.
- Support building and nurturing of relationships with stakeholders.
- Assist in developing new programs to support the strategic direction of Gang Alternative, Inc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, community development, social work, management, or related field; plus at least 1 year of experience in community, outreach, and program implementation.
- Demonstrated experience in working with evidence-based substance abuse treatment models and culturally relevant adaptations for the target community.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cultural competence, and ability to work effectively with youth and adult volunteers.
- Excellent organizational efficiency, attention to detail, and ability to work independently.
- Strong prioritization, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Computer proficiency is required with demonstrated ability to use MS Office programs, Excel spreadsheets, mail merge, and other functions for contact management and reporting purposes.
- Excellent ability to read/write/speak English. Bi-lingual Creole/Spanish preferable but not required.
- Excellent ability to follow directions and produce accurate work products.
- This position may require independent travel between work station and other sites. Consequently, the incumbent must maintain valid Driver’s License and insurance coverage on personal vehicle at all times during employment.
- Performing the duties of this position requires the ability to walk, sit, stand, reach, talk, hear and lift presentation materials, including equipment.
Gang Alternative, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
Gang Alternative, Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace.
To apply for this career fill out the form below
- Public Policy/Coalition Internship
- Collaborative Assistant
- Program Manager, Gang Suppression and Intervention Programs
- Youth Prevention Specialist, Youth Excellence Program (YEP)
- Therapist (Miami-Dade County)
- Youth Prevention Specialist, Youth Excellence Program (YEP Broward)
- Therapist (South Dade/ Homestead Area)
- Community Health Worker
- Human Resources Manager
- Educator for Youth Sexual Risk Avoidance Program
- Care Coordinator, UPLIFT Service Partnership
- Parent Navigator
- Family Support Specialist
- Case Manager, Project CAREERRS
- Information Technology Specialist
- Youth Prevention Specialist, Violence Intervention Project (VIP)
- Case Manager, Opioid Prevention Project (OPP)
- Employment Specialist/Job Developer, Re-entry Program
- Data Coordinator
- Employment Specialist, EFFECT
- Substance Abuse Therapist/Addiction Counselor