Director of Operations
Reporting to the President/Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Director of Operations (DoO) is a part of Gang Alternative Inc.’s senior/executive management team. S/he is responsible for delivering results and ensuring performance excellence, daily, to enable the President/CEO to successfully focus on the strategic, long-term challenges and major opportunities for Gang Alternative, Inc.
The DoO is responsible for leading and managing the administrative operations of Gang Alternative, Inc. S/he oversees all activities pertaining to human resources and quality assurance including performance evaluation. The DoO is responsible for oversight of CAFRA accreditation and other accreditations. S/he will lead Gang Alternative, Inc.’s human resources, and quality assurance managers and staff. S/he will review, on an ongoing basis, the operations of the organization to ensure compliance with local, municipal, state and federal regulations and standards, funder provisions, and Gang Alternative, Inc.’s operational procedures.
The DoO sets parameters to assess efficiency of the organization, evaluates operational procedures and makes recommendations to the President/CEO. The DoO assists the President/CEO in planning, organizing, and implementing public and private fund-raising initiatives.
- At least 10 years’ experience, evidenced by a track record of success, of leading multi-disciplinary support functions (including administration), preferably in a nonprofit setting.
- At least 5 years’ experience supervising administrative and technical staff.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in leading strategic planning exercises.
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing governance functions to ensure that an organization’s operations are consistent with legislative, regulatory and contractual obligations.
- Demonstrated capacity in designing strategies, frameworks and tools in quality assurance/ quality improvement.
- Demonstrates integrity, strives for excellence in her/his work, and has experience in leading an organization for performance excellence.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to advance organizational stability through change and risk management.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics.
- Ability to work use analytical thinking to make critical decisions.
- Ability to effectively implement strategic planning initiatives with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to build consensus among conflicting points of view through active discussion.
- Proficient in computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite and Visio.
- Passionate about Gang Alternative mission/vision and able to promote and communicate the philosophy, mission and values of Gang Alternative, Inc. to external and internal stakeholders.
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of Gang Alternative to ensure smooth progress.
- Manage human resource operations including administrative services, recruitment, job analysis, and employee relationship management.
- Prepare monthly administrative reports to the President/CEO and Board.
- Implement Gang Alternative’s quality assurance system.
- Identify professional development for senior/executive and middle management.
- Create performance reviews for all staff in consultation with senior/executive and middle management teams.
- Regularly evaluate the efficiency of Gang Alternative’s overall performance/efficiency and procedures according to organizational objectives, suggest improvements, and oversee strategies for improvements.
- Manage procurement processes and coordinate material and resources allocation.
- Oversee participant support processes and organize them to enhance participant satisfaction.
- Oversee all vendor contracts to ensure compliance.
- Oversee all funder obligations.
- Evaluate overall performance of Gang Alternative Inc. by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Ensure that Gang Alternative Inc. operates with legality and conformity to established regulations
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership, as well as stewardship, of Gang Alternative Inc. by supporting its programs and services.
- Implement and lead a continuous quality improvement process throughout all program and service areas, focusing on systems/process improvement.
- Promote regular and ongoing opportunities for all staff to give feedback on program operations.
- Provide leadership and input for all strategic planning processes with the President/CEO and staff.
- Revise and/or formulate policies and promote implementation of the aforementioned.
- All other duties as assigned.
- This position may require independent travel between work station and other sites. Consequently, the incumbent must maintain valid Driver’s License and insurance coverage on personal vehicle at all times during employment.
- Performing the duties of this position requires the ability to walk, sit, stand, reach, talk, hear and lift presentation materials, including equipment.
Gang Alternative, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law. Gang Alternative, Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be a part of a highly-effective nonprofit program and partnering with the other members of the Middle Management team. Gang Alternative, Inc. will offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, health, 403b and vacation benefits.
This position shall have access to information in a personnel and client’s record only to the extent that such information is required to carry out job duties. Any information obtained will only be used by or disclosed to those who have a need to know to ensure the provision of quality client care. Staff and client information is to be held strictly confidential.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties required of personnel so classified. Responsibilities, knowledge, skill, abilities and working conditions may be supplemented or revised at any time.
To apply for this career fill out the form below
- Parent Navigator
- Director of Operations
- Program Manager, UPLIFT Service Partnership
- Family Support Specialist
- Case Manager, Re-entry Program
- Youth Prevention Specialist, Violence Intervention Project (VIP)
- Case Manager, Opioid Prevention Project (OPP)
- Employment Specialist/Job Developer, Re-entry Program
- Employment Specialist/Job Developer, Re-entry Program
- Data Coordinator
- Employment Specialist (Pre-release Re-entry Program)
- Employment Specialist, EFFECT
- Educator for Youth Sexual Risk Avoidance Program
- Youth Prevention Specialist (Violence Prevention Program)
- Substance Abuse Therapist/Addiction Counselor
- Community Health Worker, SUPPORT