Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Operate the assigned vehicle to transport school-aged children safely and efficiently over specified routes to and from school and home.
● Conduct pre-trip safety inspections to ensure that the vehicle can be operated safely.
● Operate the vehicle safely over assigned routes, picking up and delivering only authorized children.
● Use the vehicle for approved errands.
● Supervise passengers during transit for the purpose of maintaining order and ensuring the safety of passengers.
● Return the vehicle to the assigned parking lot, perform a final inspection, and secure the van according to procedures.
● Document vehicle mileage and maintenance log daily and monthly.
● Obey all traffic laws and is responsible for payment of any traffic violations.
● In case of an accident, move vehicle off the roadway to a safe location if possible and notify the authorities immediately.
● Report all accidents immediately to the Director of Operations and the Program Manager.
● Complete accident reports and submit them to the Director of Operations as soon as possible.
● Notify the Director of Operations of mechanical failure, safety deficiencies, or other incidents.
● Take vehicles in for servicing and return to GA locations.
● Keep assigned vehicle clean at all times, including arranging for monthly detailing.
● Ensure that all required paperwork and equipment such as a fire extinguisher, first aid kit are in the vehicles, available and ready for use at all times.
● Bilingual (English/Creole or English/Spanish)
● Active Miami-Dade County Chauffeur’s Registration
● Available to work the assigned hours
● Reliable personal transportation and personal cellular phone
● Pass FDLE Level II criminal background check (fingerprint)
● Pass drug screening
To apply for this career fill out the form below
- Public Policy/Coalition Internship
- Collaborative Assistant
- Program Manager, Gang Suppression and Intervention Programs
- Youth Prevention Specialist, Youth Excellence Program (YEP)
- Therapist (Miami-Dade County)
- Youth Prevention Specialist, Youth Excellence Program (YEP Broward)
- Therapist (South Dade/ Homestead Area)
- Community Health Worker
- Human Resources Manager
- Educator for Youth Sexual Risk Avoidance Program
- Care Coordinator, UPLIFT Service Partnership
- Parent Navigator
- Family Support Specialist
- Case Manager, Project CAREERRS
- Information Technology Specialist
- Youth Prevention Specialist, Violence Intervention Project (VIP)
- Case Manager, Opioid Prevention Project (OPP)
- Employment Specialist/Job Developer, Re-entry Program
- Data Coordinator
- Employment Specialist, EFFECT
- Substance Abuse Therapist/Addiction Counselor