This position is responsible for a multi-level class of young adult learners. Their duties include instructing a cohort of at least 15 young adult learners in Mathematical Reasoning, Reasoning Through Language Arts, Social Studies, and Science to improve basic skills and/or prepare for a GED credential. This individual also assists with data collection and other program reports as identified by the Program Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and implementation of instructional activities for a cohort of adult learners preparing for a GED credential.
- Help learners prepare and study for GED exam.
- Develop and maintain a calendar of activities for the assigned group.
- Provide learners with positive and constructive feedback.
- Administer assessments, including Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE).
- Develop and distribute teaching materials to supplement classroom lessons, including study guides.
- Establish and maintain standards of behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
- Observe and evaluate academic performance of learners and keep appropriate records to include attendance reports, checklists, and other data collection activities as determined by Program Manager.
- Effectively use technology and resources for instruction.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with partner agencies.
- Creates an effective learning environment through functional and attractive displays and presentations.
- Comply with timely completion of required assignments.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Must possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in education or a related field.
- Must be eligible for, or in possession of an appropriate Florida educator certification.
- Experience servicing a diverse or multicultural community preferred.
- Computer literacy required.
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Gang Alternative, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
This position shall have access to information in a personnel and client’s record only to the extent that such information is required to carry out job duties. Any information obtained will only be used by or disclosed to those who have a need to know to ensure the provision of quality client care. Staff and client information is to be held strictly confidential.
To apply for this career fill out the form below
- Program Manager, Collective Action for Addressing Trauma Program
- GED Teacher
- Project ENGAGE: AmeriCorps VISTA Communications Associate
- Project ENGAGE: AmeriCorps VISTA Data & Resource Associate 1
- Driver & Operations Support
- Outreach Specialist
- After School Instructor
- Natural Helper
- Certified Teacher
- Case Manager, At-Risk Youth Development Program
- Employment Specialist, At-Risk Youth Development Program
- Data Specialist
- Case Manager, School Violence Prevention Program
- Program Manager, Youth Re- entry Program
- Job Developer, Youth Re-entry Program
- Case Manager, Youth Re-entry Program
- Therapist (Part-Time)
- Director of People & Culture (for a non-profit organization)
- Job Developer, Workforce Development Department
- Part-time Driver
- Tutor/Certified Teacher (Math Specialization)
- Youth Prevention Specialist
- Therapist (Miami-Dade County)
- Case Manager, UPLIFT Service Partnership
- Family Support Specialist
- Therapist (Homestead)