Human Resources Manager
This position serves as Gang Alternative, Inc.’s Human Resource subject matter expert. S/he is responsible for directing and coordinating human resources activities, such as employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, training, and employee engagement activities at Gang Alternative, Inc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, implements, and evaluates employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Recruits, interviews, tests, and recommends selection of candidates to fill vacant positions.
- Leads onboarding and outboarding processes including preparing interview matrices.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation and conducts and analyze exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Coordinates employee capacity building/training.
- Coordinates management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, performance review, safety, and workplace harassment.
- Coordinates monthly staff meetings and employee engagement activities
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; and counseling employees and supervisors.
- Advises leadership team in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Implements employee benefits programs (life, health, and dental insurance, retirement plan, vacation, sick leave, and bereavement leave) and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs; keeping records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics.
- Develops and implements an employee engagement strategy
- Maintains good communication and positive relationships with employees to promote employee satisfaction.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements, conducting investigations, and maintaining records.
- Ensure that employees remain current with licenses and credentials.
- Enforces management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains a human resources system that meets top management information needs which includes retaining historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system and keeping past and current records.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competences
- Master’s degree in human resource management; Management with a concentration in Human Resources; Organizational Behavior; or Industrial Relations
- At least 5+ years of experience in progressively responsible human resource roles
- 3+ years of experience in a supervisory role
- Professional certification in SHRM (SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP) or HRCI (PHR, SPHR, GPHR, HRMP, HRBP) preferred
- Demonstrated experience in leading organization compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements
- Demonstrated experience in benefits administration; performance management; and leading onboarding and outboarding processes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong conflict resolution
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Strong relationship-building relationship skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, dependent and responsive with attention to details and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with positive attitude and maximum discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information.
Gang Alternative, Inc. will offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, health, 403b and vacation benefits.
Gang Alternative, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
This position shall have access to information in a personnel and client’s record only to the extent that such information is required to carry out job duties. Any information obtained will only be used by or disclosed to those who have a need to know to ensure the provision of quality client care. Staff and client information’s are to be held strictly confidential.
To apply for this career fill out the form below
- Consultant, Technical Assistance
- Human Resources Manager
- Public Policy/Coalition Manager
- Educator for Youth Sexual Risk Avoidance Program
- Care Coordinator, UPLIFT Service Partnership
- Parent Navigator
- Family Support Specialist
- Case Manager, Opioid Prevention Project (OPP)
- Employment Specialist/Job Developer, Re-entry Program
- Data Coordinator
- Employment Specialist (Pre-release Re-entry Program)
- Employment Specialist, EFFECT
- Youth Prevention Specialist (Violence Prevention Program)
- Substance Abuse Therapist/Addiction Counselor