Job Developer, Youth Re-entry Program
Gang Alternative, Inc.’s Project ReWIND is a pre-and post-release program that employs comprehensive and collaborative strategies to address the challenges posed by youth reentry and recidivism reduction. The Job Developer maintains responsibility for supporting participants in developing personal employment goals, improving employability skills and creating and executing career plans
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct outreach and recruitment of youth in juvenile detention centers and correctional facilities.
- Assist in conducting participant intakes and eligibility
- Administer multiple evidence-based assessments.
- Utilize assessment results to inform the development of the participants’ career plan which will take the form of the Individual Development Plans (IDPs) and which will include employability skills, interests, and identified career pathways.
- Provide guidance and monitor individual participant employment and career development activities as outlined in the IDPs in order to track progress of their progress toward attainment of identified employment goals.
- Deliver employability skills training and provide career guidance and mentorship to participants as needed.
- Participate in outreach and recruitment activities by assisting in coordinating and attending job fai
- Assist participants in assessing their job skills for position
- Facilitate employability skills training including one-on-one and group sessions in job seeking, application procedures, resume writing, interview preparation and job retention.
- Work with participants in preparing job search portfolio
- Provides job search/career information workshops and presentation
- Schedule interview
- Work with participants to improve job performance and gain necessary job skills or reviews other employment option
- Accurately track, input data, and maintain comprehensive case files (physical and electronic) for participants.
- Conduct frequent one-on-one participant and group sessions.
- Support the coordination and facilitation of the Employer and Industry Advisory Committee.
- Build and maintain key relationships within participants.
- Abide by all HIPPA rules and regulations. Maintain strict confidentiality when handling client information.
- Serves as an Ambassador of Gang Alternative, Inc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position involves accessing correctional institutions. Programming occurs within juvenile detention centers and correctional facilities. Incumbent must be able to pass a Level 2 Background Screening.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Administration or related degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in delivering employability training.
- Demonstrated experience in workforce development, recruiting, business development, marketing or any combination of training and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties as describe
- Demonstrated experience developing relationships with service providers.
- Ability to travel throughout the tri-county area on a regular basis. (Note: mileage is reimbursable)
- Willingness to work flexible schedules as deemed necessary.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and partnerships.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse, at-risk youth, including but not limited to justice-involved youth, the unemployed, and underemployed
- Knowledge of methods for job development, local labor market trends and employment opportunities.
- Knowledge of the tri-county employment sector landscape is an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite especially Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- This position requires independent travel between workstation and other sites in Broward County, Miami-Dade County and Palm Beach County. Consequently, the incumbent must always maintain valid Driver’s License and insurance coverage on personal vehicle during employment.
- Performing the duties of this position requires the ability to walk, sit, stand, reach, talk, hear and lift presentation materials, including equipment.
Gang Alternative, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
Gang Alternative, Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace.
Gang Alternative, Inc. will offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, health, 403b, and vacation benefits
- Health Insurance (partially funded by employer)
- Medical Gap Insurance (fully funded by employer)
- Dental Insurance (partially funded by employer)
- Vision Insurance (fully funded by employer)
- Life and AD&D (fully funded by employer)
- Supplemental Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement plan (with employer match)
- Family Medical Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off, including Birthday and Personal Day
- Professional development opportunities
- Opportunities for career growth
To apply for this career fill out the form below
- Youth Prevention Specialist (Afterschool Programs) 10.30 am – 7.00 pm
- Youth Prevention Specialist, BLOC (Homestead) 10.30 am – 7.00pm
- Program Manager- Youth Violence Intervention Program
- Program Assistant – UPSCM Coalition
- Program Manager – Workforce Re-entry, Project GO
- Employment Specialist
- Case Manager
- Outreach Worker
- Administrative Associate
- Program Manager- Afterschool Program
- Director of Programs
- Program Manager, Collective Action for Addressing Trauma Program
- Certified Teacher
- Case Manager, At-Risk Youth Development Program
- Employment Specialist, At-Risk Youth Development Program
- Data Specialist
- Program Manager, School Violence Prevention Programs
- Case Manager, School Violence Prevention Program
- Job Developer, Youth Re-entry Program
- Therapist (Part-Time)
- Director of People & Culture (for a non-profit organization)
- Case Manager, Opioid Prevention Project (OPP)
- Job Developer, Workforce Development Department
- Youth Prevention Specialist
- Part-time Certified Teacher (Afterschool Program)
- Program Manager, Therapy and Parenting Programs
- Training Coordinator, Mental Health First Aid Program
- Program Manager, Sexual Risk Avoidance Education Programs, Miami-Dade
- Youth Prevention Specialist (Homestead)
- Therapist (Miami-Dade County)
- Public Policy/Coalition Manager
- Success Coach (Case Manager), UPLIFT Service Partnership
- Family Support Specialist
- Youth Prevention Specialist (Belle Glade, FL)
- Therapist (Homestead)