Program Coordinator/Outreach Coordinator, Mission Educate
The incumbent must be able to pass a Level 2 Background Screening.
The Program Manager will maintain operational responsibility for implementing Gang Alternative, Inc.’s “Mission: Educate” program, an initiative to assist marginalized and underserved Black women workers in understanding and accessing their employment rights, public services, and benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the management of this program which is aimed at empowering Black immigrant women in South Florida to advocate for equal employment rights.
- Conduct outreach in Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties to identify eligible women for participation in employment rights educational sessions.
- Coordinate and facilitate educational sessions throughout the tri-county area (Palm Beach. Broward, and Palm Beach).
- Maintain supervisory oversight of a Case Manager who is responsible for providing one-on-one navigational case management services, linking women to social services.
- Lead the development of different culturally-appropriate, gender-specific public education materials on employment rights.
- Ensuring compliance with program/grant requirements.
- Preparing program reports, including those that are funder-prescribed.
- Serves as an Ambassador of Gang Alternative, Inc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
- A minimum of a Bachelor level degree with concentration in labor studies, employment relations, legal studies, human resources, or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience conducting community outreach in South Florida.
- Previous formal training in Employment/Labor Law is preferred.
- Bi-lingual in English-Haitian Creole is required.
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience managing community outreach programs
- Demonstrated experience planning and executing community-based educational sessions.
- Demonstrated highly effective leadership and community outreach skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability in developing and managing grants including experience with data-driven, outcome-based planning and reporting activities.
- Ability to travel throughout the tri-county area on a regular basis. (Note: mileage is reimbursable)
- Willingness to work flexible schedules as deemed necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cultural competence, and ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with electronic technologies, data collection and reporting including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Applications especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- This position requires independent travel between workstation and other sites in Broward County, Miami-Dade County and Palm Beach County. Consequently, the incumbent must always maintain valid Driver’s License and insurance coverage on personal vehicle during employment.
- Performing the duties of this position requires the ability to walk, sit, stand, reach, talk, hear and lift presentation materials, including equipment.
Gang Alternative, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
Gang Alternative, Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace.
Gang Alternative, Inc. will offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, health, 403b, and vacation benefits.
This position shall have access to information in a personnel and client’s record only to the extent that such information is required to carry out job duties. Any information obtained will only be used by or disclosed to those who have a need to know to ensure the provision of quality client care. Staff and client information’s are to be held strictly confidential.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties required of personnel so classified. Responsibilities, knowledge, skill, abilities and working conditions may be supplemented or revised at any time.
To apply for this career fill out the form below
- Driver & Operations Support
- Outreach Specialist
- After School Instructor
- Natural Helper
- Certified Teacher
- Case Manager, At-Risk Youth Development Program
- Employment Specialist, At-Risk Youth Development Program
- Data Specialist
- Program Coordinator, Youth Substance Abuse Prevention Programming
- Program Coordinator/Outreach Coordinator, Mission Educate
- Program Manager, School Violence Prevention Program
- Case Manager, Mission Educate
- Case Manager, School Violence Prevention Program
- Program Manager, Youth Re- entry Program
- Job Developer, Youth Re-entry Program
- Case Manager, Youth Re-entry Program
- Therapist (Part-Time)
- Director of People & Culture (for a non-profit organization)
- Program Manager, Therapeutic Intervention Programs
- Job Developer, Workforce Development Department
- VIP Part-time Driver
- Tutor/Certified Teacher (Math Specialization)
- Youth Prevention Specialist
- Site Coordinator
- Therapist (Miami-Dade County)
- Case Manager, UPLIFT Service Partnership
- Therapist (Homestead)