This position is responsible for providing program support to further the work of the GPS Program including logistical, and communication support to coordinate program business, administrative matters and to provide fiscal processing and tracking for receipts and payables, check requisitions and expenditures. GPS Site Coordinator services include: facilitating session outreach and recruitment; screening; administering assessments; preparing client development plans; creating and maintaining client files; coordinating client development activities; monitoring and tracking client progress including administering data collection and evaluation instruments; and resource development including linking clients to appropriate support services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support services.
- Coordinates and tracks the flow of office activities to enhance the efficiency of the organization.
- Provides required program support for program activities.
- Facilitates after-school program business transactions and uses telephone, e-mails, and hard mail.
- Provides timely data entry and reporting to support grant deliverables.
- Facilitates program meetings, parent meetings, and arrangements including catering.
- Tracks and routes incoming program mail; logs and processes invoices and payments.
- Maintains communication with supply and service providers, tracks work orders and other activities related to day-to-day program support.
- Handles travel arrangements and expense reconciliations.
- Handles ordering and distribution of supplies and materials necessary to carry out the work of the GPS afterschool program staff.
- Abide by all HIPPA rules and regulations. Maintain strict confidentiality when handling client information
- Participate in agency meetings, in-service trainings, and workshops as deemed appropriate.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Position requires a high school diploma with some college-level courses (preferably an AA Degree) and a minimum of 2 years experience in program support functions including financial management-related functions. Must obtain Florida Child Care Professional Certificate. Requirements include:
- Excellent organizational efficiency, attention to detail, and ability to work independently.
- Strong prioritization, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Computer proficiency is required with demonstrated ability to use MS Office programs, Excel spreadsheets, mail merge, and other functions for contact management and reporting purposes.
- Ability to create and manage financial spreadsheets.
- Excellent ability to read/write/speak English. Bi-lingual Creole preferred but not required.
- Excellent ability to follow directions and produce accurate work products.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cultural competence, and ability to work effectively with a variety of audiences, youth, and adult volunteers.
Gang Alternative, Inc. will offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, health, 403b and vacation benefits.
- Health Insurance (partially funded by employer)
- Medical Gap Insurance (fully funded by employer)
- Dental Insurance (partially funded by employer)
- Vision Insurance (fully funded by employer)
- Life and AD&D (fully funded by employer)
- Supplemental Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement plan (with employer match)
- Family Medical Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off, including Birthday and Personal Day
- Professional development opportunities
- Opportunities for career growth
To apply for this career fill out the form below
- Administrative Associate
- Program Manager- GPS
- Director of Programs
- Financial Controller
- GED Teacher
- Part Time Driver
- After School Instructor
- Natural Helper
- Certified Teacher
- Case Manager, At-Risk Youth Development Program
- Employment Specialist, At-Risk Youth Development Program
- Data Specialist
- Program Coordinator, Youth Substance Abuse Prevention Programming
- Program Manager, School Violence Prevention Program
- Case Manager, School Violence Prevention Program
- Job Developer, Youth Re-entry Program
- Case Manager, Youth Re-entry Program
- Therapist (Part-Time)
- Director of People & Culture (for a non-profit organization)
- Job Developer, Workforce Development Department
- Part-time Driver
- Tutor/Certified Teacher (Math Specialization)
- Youth Prevention Specialist
- Site Coordinator
- Therapist (Miami-Dade County)
- Case Manager, UPLIFT Service Partnership
- Family Support Specialist
- Therapist (Homestead)