Program Manager, Sexual Risk Avoidance Education Programs
The Program Manager will maintain operational responsibility for implementing Gang Alternative Inc.’s in school and afterschool/community-based sexual risk avoidance education programs. The Program Manager performs duties related to planning, implementing, directing, and coordinating both the programmatic and operational activities, in accordance with the mission and goals of the Gang Alternative, Inc. The Program Manager also provides coordination between the programs and their partners, vendors and subcontractors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure implementation of the evidence-based curriculum for program cohorts.
- Provide daily oversight of at all program sites including maintaining responsibility for:
- data collection and entry;
- report preparation; and
- program efficiency and effectiveness.
- Implement and manage changes and interventions to ensure program goals are achieved.
- Supervise teams with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities including program staff, volunteers, and contractual providers.
- Assist with recruitment and training of staff, volunteers, and contractual providers.
- Ensure that job descriptions are developed for subordinates.
- Ensure that regular performance evaluations are done and that sound human resource practices are in place.
- Oversee overall development and implementation at all service sites including promoting, enhancing, and sustaining strategies with community-based organizations, businesses, churches, and schools.
- Track programs against their work plan/timeline and budget reporting status to the Senior Program Manager on a regular basis.
- Ensure implementation of the Evidence-Based curricula identified in the work plans.
- Develop process flow charts and operating plans (work plan) for the programs.
- Assist with the outreach, recruiting, and intake processes for participants.
- Facilitate sessions and conduct assessments.
- Develop and implement a system for tracking participants’ attendance and outcomes.
- Link clients to case management services, as needed.
- Collaborate with evaluation partners to supervise data collection and evaluation efforts.
- Facilitate training of staff in EBP’s, as needed.
- Research, obtain, and organize resources that will guide clients in making educational, vocational, and employment decisions.
- Plan, schedule, and implement, all parenting and family engagement activities.
- Oversee staff development plans.
- Coordinate with Gang Alternative, Inc’s Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement Specialist to ensure program fidelity and proper data collection and reporting.
- Ensure program goals are met in all areas including participant satisfaction, safety, quality, and program team performance.
- Analyze program risks and propose either preventative or mitigatory course of action as needed.
- Obtain, organize and draft technical and administrative materials for public information or organizational use.
- Assist in developing marketing materials for the programs.
- Maintain participant files and forms.
- Maintain systems, procedures, and methods for programmatic record keeping.
- Coordinate Advisory Committee activities and guide workgroup tasks.
- Coordinate care coordination activities for comprehensive services with all linkage partners.
- Meet with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding program issues and decisions on services.
- Coordinate and implement seminars and events to maximize community involvement and awareness.
- Conduct outreach, including attending community events, as a means of engaging organizations and businesses for program support, sponsorship, or volunteerism.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies Requirements
- A minimum of a Bachelor level degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in social work, public health, community planning or related fields plus 5 years minimum experience serving youth and families with an emphasis on program development and administration.
- Significant supervisory experience
- Demonstrated experience managing positive youth development programs, with preference for federally funded programs.
- Demonstrated highly effective leadership and community outreach skills.
- Prior experience coordinating with community partners and demonstrated experience in community development and planning to bring about desired results.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in community building, collaborating, and networking.
- Demonstrated ability in developing and managing grants including experience with data-driven, outcome-based planning and reporting activities.
- Excellent budget management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with electronic technologies, data collection and reporting including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Applications especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cultural competence, and ability to work effectively with youth and adult volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cultural competence, and ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultural and economic backgrounds.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be a part of a highly effective nonprofit program. Gang Alternative, Inc. will offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, health, 403b and vacation benefits.
This position shall have access to information in a personnel and client’s record only to the extent that such information is required to carry out job duties. Any information obtained will only be used by or disclosed to those who have a need to know to ensure the provision of quality client care. Staff and client information is to be held strictly confidential.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties required of personnel so classified. Responsibilities, knowledge, skill, abilities and working conditions may be supplemented or revised at any time.
To apply for this career fill out the form below
- Training Coordinator, Mental Health First Aid Program
- Program Manager, Sexual Risk Avoidance Education Programs
- Public Policy/Coalition Internship
- Program Officer (UPSCM)
- Program Manager, Sexual Risk Avoidance Education Programs
- Youth Prevention Specialist, Youth Excellence Program (YEP)
- Therapist (Miami-Dade County)
- Youth Prevention Specialist, Youth Excellence Program (YEP Broward)
- Therapist (South Dade/ Homestead Area)
- Human Resources Manager
- Educator for Youth Sexual Risk Avoidance Program
- Care Coordinator, UPLIFT Service Partnership
- Parent Navigator
- Family Support Specialist
- Case Manager, Project CAREERRS
- Information Technology Specialist
- Youth Prevention Specialist, Violence Intervention Project (VIP)
- Case Manager, Opioid Prevention Project (OPP)
- Employment Specialist/Job Developer, Re-entry Program
- Data Coordinator
- Employment Specialist, EFFECT
- Substance Abuse Therapist/Addiction Counselor