Program Manager, Youth Re- entry Program
This position involves accessing correctional institutions. Programming occurs within juvenile detention centers and correctional facilities. Incumbent must be able to pass a Level 2 Background Screening.
The program manager will maintain operational responsibility for implementing this pre-and post-release program that employs comprehensive and collaborative strategies to address the challenges posed by youth reentry and recidivism reduction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervising a team of reentry program staff, providing oversight on program planning, implementing, directing, and coordinating program and operational activities.
- Ensuring compliance with program/grant requirements.
- Preparing program reports, including those that are funder-prescribed.
- Managing the implementation of the organization’s workforce development model as it relates to returning citizen services, ensuring the attainment of occupational skills training certifications and job placement.
- Staying abreast of emerging trends and best practices within the reentry and workforce development arenas.
- Maintaining strong relationships (including via coordination and facilitation of meetings) with vendors, consultants, business community and partner organizations and cultivating new relationships with these groups, where appropriate.
- Attending meetings with affinity groups, particularly those involved in reentry and workforce development representing the organization in a professional manner.
- Promote an inclusive, safe, and supportive environment where all program participants will be assured that they can and will be heard.
- Serves as an Ambassador of Gang Alternative, Inc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competences
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, or related field and at least two years of experience in re-entry/offender services, restorative justice, or related field.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Ability to obtain clearance to access federal and local correctional institutions.
- Proven ability to prepare federal grant reports and other correspondence required by funder.
- Ability to travel throughout the tri-county area on a regular basis. (Note: mileage is reimbursable)
- Willingness to work flexible schedules as deemed necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cultural competence, and ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite especially Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires independent travel between workstation and other sites in Broward County, Miami-Dade County and Palm Beach County. Consequently, the incumbent must always maintain valid Driver’s License and insurance coverage on personal vehicle during employment.
- Performing the duties of this position requires the ability to walk, sit, stand, reach, talk, hear and lift presentation materials, including equipment.
Gang Alternative, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
Gang Alternative, Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace.
Gang Alternative, Inc. will offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, health, 403b, and vacation benefits.
This position shall have access to information in a personnel and client’s record only to the extent that such information is required to carry out job duties. Any information obtained will only be used by or disclosed to those who have a need to know to ensure the provision of quality client care. Staff and client information’s is to be held strictly confidential.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties required of personnel so classified. Responsibilities, knowledge, skill, abilities and working conditions may be supplemented or revised at any time.
To apply for this career fill out the form below
- Driver & Operations Support
- Outreach Specialist
- After School Instructor
- Natural Helper
- Certified Teacher
- Case Manager, At-Risk Youth Development Program
- Employment Specialist, At-Risk Youth Development Program
- Data Specialist
- Program Coordinator, Youth Substance Abuse Prevention Programming
- Program Coordinator/Outreach Coordinator, Mission Educate
- Program Manager, School Violence Prevention Program
- Case Manager, Mission Educate
- Case Manager, School Violence Prevention Program
- Program Manager, Youth Re- entry Program
- Job Developer, Youth Re-entry Program
- Case Manager, Youth Re-entry Program
- Therapist (Part-Time)
- Director of People & Culture (for a non-profit organization)
- Program Manager, Therapeutic Intervention Programs
- Job Developer, Workforce Development Department
- VIP Part-time Driver
- Tutor/Certified Teacher (Math Specialization)
- Youth Prevention Specialist
- Site Coordinator
- Therapist (Miami-Dade County)
- Case Manager, UPLIFT Service Partnership
- Therapist (Homestead)