Project ENGAGE: AmeriCorps VISTA Data & Resource Associate 1
The VISTA project, Project Engage, will seek to improve social environments and systems for disadvantaged communities living in South Florida by supporting and expanding Gang Alternative, Inc.’s (GA) existing organization-wide anti-poverty efforts. GA has served low-income communities since 2005 through anti-poverty programming targeting youth and their families. As a VISTA member, you will help serve hundreds of families living in South Florida by supporting Gang Alternative, Inc.’s community outreach and mission to build character that lasts in children and families through positive alternatives to crime, violence, dependency, and delinquency by offering a holistic approach to their academic, physical, social, economic, and spiritual development. VISTA duties will be focused on strengthening GA’s understanding of community needs and mobilizing resources to address those needs, as well expanding GA’s community engagement approach and outreach efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and identify local and county-level needs, service gaps, and emerging trends, as well as best practices.
- Conduct outreach to community partners to inform them of Gang Alternative, Inc.’s services and to learn about what services they have available.
- Create and maintain GA’s external referral database for resources such as, housing support, food security, clinics/health care services, and emergency resources.
- Develop and implement a process to maintain and update the external referral base quarterly, which can be replicated and expanded upon.
- Support resource mobilization and utilization among GA’s programs to improve service provision.
- Identify program specific resource gaps across GA’s pillars of service and propose ways of bridging the gap.
- Identify areas for collaboration with partner organizations for addressing service gaps.
- Develop a process to connect volunteers/mentors with service opportunities across GA’s programs.
- Create and maintain a volunteer/mentor database to track volunteer/mentor contributions (e.g., hours, frequency, areas of service, etc.).
Qualifications and Competences
- Position requires a high school diploma/GED
- Excellent organizational efficiency, attention to detail, and ability to work independently.
- Strong prioritization, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Computer proficiency is required with demonstrated ability to use MS Office programs, excel spreadsheets, mail merge and other functions for contact management and reporting purposes.
- Excellent ability to follow directions and produce accurate work products.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cultural competence, and ability to work effectively with a variety of audiences, youth and adult volunteers.
To apply for this position, click here and apply by March 31st, 2023.
To apply for this career fill out the form below
- Program Manager, Collective Action for Addressing Trauma Program
- GED Teacher
- Project ENGAGE: AmeriCorps VISTA Communications Associate
- Project ENGAGE: AmeriCorps VISTA Data & Resource Associate 1
- Driver & Operations Support
- Outreach Specialist
- After School Instructor
- Natural Helper
- Certified Teacher
- Case Manager, At-Risk Youth Development Program
- Employment Specialist, At-Risk Youth Development Program
- Data Specialist
- Case Manager, School Violence Prevention Program
- Program Manager, Youth Re- entry Program
- Job Developer, Youth Re-entry Program
- Case Manager, Youth Re-entry Program
- Therapist (Part-Time)
- Director of People & Culture (for a non-profit organization)
- Job Developer, Workforce Development Department
- Part-time Driver
- Tutor/Certified Teacher (Math Specialization)
- Youth Prevention Specialist
- Therapist (Miami-Dade County)
- Case Manager, UPLIFT Service Partnership
- Family Support Specialist
- Therapist (Homestead)