Therapist is responsible for providing program support to further the work of Gang Alternative, Inc.’s (GA) trauma-focused programming including providing behavioral health services in an outpatient community-based program (in-home) serving children, adolescents, and their families. Therapist conducts screenings; administers assessments; prepares client development plans; creates and maintains client files; coordinates client development activities; monitors and tracks client progress (including administering data collection and evaluation instruments); and facilitates resource development including linking clients to appropriate support services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide initial screenings and mental health assessments that identify service needs and recommend options for care.
- Share assessment findings with clients and their families.
- Involve client and their families in the development of treatment plan goals, objectives, and interventions that address their assessed behavioral health needs.
- Provide individual, family, and group therapy services.
- Provide case management services to assist clients and their families with access to needed benefits and services.
- Provide coordinated care by initiating or participating in client-centered consultation with other internal and external providers involved in care or services.
- Reassess and review treatment progress with clients and their families at proscribed intervals.
- Participate in case supervision with Clinical Supervisor.
Qualifications and Competences
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Social Work, Psychology or closely related discipline required.
- Must have supervised experience in providing counseling and/or psychotherapy services.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of and experience in the areas of trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy, diagnostic assessment, long and short-term treatment, family systems theory, and group treatment.
- Willingness to work flexible schedules as deemed necessary including weekends and evenings.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent organizational skills, dependent and responsive with attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, excellent interpersonal skills with a positive attitude, and maximum discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Customer service oriented and sensitive to client’s immediate needs.
- Extended knowledge of community and social services in Miami-Dade County.
Gang Alternative, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
This position shall have access to information in a personnel and client’s record only to the extent that such information is required to carry out job duties. Any information obtained will only be used by or disclosed to those who have a need to know to ensure the provision of quality client care. Staff and client information’s are to be held strictly confidential.
To apply for this career fill out the form below
- Therapist (Part-Time)
- Director of People & Culture (for a non-profit organization)
- Case Manager, Opioid Prevention Project (OPP)
- Program Manager, Therapeutic Intervention Programs
- Job Developer, Workforce Development Department
- VIP Part-time Driver
- Tutor/Certified Teacher (Math Specialization)
- Youth Prevention Specialist
- Site Coordinator
- Program Officer (UPSCM)
- Therapist (Miami-Dade County)
- Success Coach, UPLIFT Service Partnership
- Therapist (Homestead)