Tutor/Certified Teacher (Math Specialization)
This position is responsible for providing students with individualized assistance to help them learn new concepts and complete assignments in our after-school programs. Their duties include assisting students with homework, projects, test preparation, papers, research, and other academic tasks while answering the student’s questions relating to students’ assignments including middle and high school math. This individual also assists with data collection and other program reports as identified by the Program Coordinator.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Work with instructors to determine specific needs of students.
• Provide required weekly activity reports on students’ progress and areas of need.
• Assist with maintaining a calendar of activities for the assigned group.
• Provide students with positive and constructive feedback.
• Work with students to help them understand key concepts, especially those learned in the classroom.
• Develop and distribute teaching materials to supplement classroom lessons, including study guides.
• Patience and compassion for students as they develop skills and improve their performance.
• Creativity and flexibility to personalize their learning approach for individual students.
• Always assures the safety and security of children.
• Always assures with compliance of confidentiality of the students.
• Assures that children are always supervised.
• Reports all unusual incidents in writing as required by DCF.
• Establishes positive rapport with parents.
• Complies with timely completion of required assignments.
• Communicates the need of children and parents to the Program Coordinator weekly.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to clearly explain challenging concepts, provide instructions and deliver feedback.
Qualifications and competencies
- Minimum of a BA Degree in Education.
• Experience tutoring or teaching math to Middle and High School students.
• Experience working with children preferred.
• Bi-lingual preferred.
• Experience servicing a diverse or multicultural community preferred.
• Computer literacy required.
This is an outstanding opportunity to help lead a highly-effective nonprofit program and partnering with the senior management team. Gang Alternative, Inc. will offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, health, 403b, and vacation benefits.
Gang Alternative, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
This position shall have access to information in a personnel and client’s record only to the extent that such information is required to carry out job duties. Any information obtained will only be used by or disclosed to those who have a need to know to ensure the provision of quality client care. Staff and client information is to be held strictly confidential.
To apply for this career fill out the form below
- Program Manager, Collective Action for Addressing Trauma Program
- GED Teacher
- Project ENGAGE: AmeriCorps VISTA Communications Associate
- Project ENGAGE: AmeriCorps VISTA Data & Resource Associate 1
- Driver & Operations Support
- Outreach Specialist
- After School Instructor
- Natural Helper
- Certified Teacher
- Case Manager, At-Risk Youth Development Program
- Employment Specialist, At-Risk Youth Development Program
- Data Specialist
- Case Manager, School Violence Prevention Program
- Program Manager, Youth Re- entry Program
- Job Developer, Youth Re-entry Program
- Case Manager, Youth Re-entry Program
- Therapist (Part-Time)
- Director of People & Culture (for a non-profit organization)
- Job Developer, Workforce Development Department
- Part-time Driver
- Tutor/Certified Teacher (Math Specialization)
- Youth Prevention Specialist
- Therapist (Miami-Dade County)
- Case Manager, UPLIFT Service Partnership
- Family Support Specialist
- Therapist (Homestead)