Part-Time Afterschool Certified Teacher
This position is responsible for providing students with individualized assistance to help them learn new concepts and complete assignments in our after-school programs. Their duties include assisting students with homework, projects, test preparation, papers, research, and other academic tasks while answering the student’s questions relating to students’ assignments. This individual also assists with data collection and other program reports as identified by the Program Coordinator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with instructors to determine specific needs of students.
- Provide required weekly activity reports on students’ progress and areas of need.
- Assist with maintaining a calendar of activities for the assigned group.
- Provide students with positive and constructive feedback.
- Work with students to help them understand key concepts, especially those learned in the classroom.
- Develop and distribute teaching materials to supplement classroom lessons, including study guides.
- Patience and compassion for students as they develop skills and improve their performance.
- Creativity and flexibility to personalize their learning approach for individual students.
- Always assures the safety and security of children.
- Always assures with compliance of confidentiality of the students.
- Assures that children are always supervised.
- Reports all unusual incidents in writing as required by DCF.
- Establishes positive rapport with parents.
- Complies with timely completion of required assignments.
- Communicates need of children and parents to the Program Coordinator weekly
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to clearly explain challenging concepts, provide instructions and deliver feedback
Qualifications and Competencies
- Minimum of a BA Degree in Education
- Experience working with children preferred
- Bi-lingual preferred
- Experience servicing a diverse or multicultural community preferred
- Computer literacy required
This is an outstanding opportunity to be a part of a highly effective nonprofit program. Gang Alternative, Inc. will offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, health, 403b and vacation benefits.
Gang Alternative, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
This position shall have access to information in a personnel and client’s record only to the extent that such information is required to carry out job duties. Any information obtained will only be used by or disclosed to those who have a need to know to ensure the provision of quality client care. Staff and client information are held in strict confidence.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties required of personnel so classified. Responsibilities, knowledge, skill, abilities and working conditions may be supplemented or revised at any time.
To apply for this career fill out the form below
- Job Developer, Workforce Development Department
- VIP Part-time Driver
- Program Manager, Project GO (Growth Opportunity)
- Academic Success Coach
- Tutor/Certified Teacher
- Youth Prevention Specialist
- Case Manager, Workforce Development Department
- Part-time Certified Teacher (Afterschool Program)
- Site Coordinator
- Part-Time Afterschool Certified Teacher
- Public Policy/Coalition Internship
- Program Officer (UPSCM)
- Program Manager, HIV/STI Prevention Program
- Therapist (Miami-Dade County)
- Therapist (South Dade/ Homestead Area)
- Public Policy/Coalition Manager
- Care Coordinator, UPLIFT Service Partnership
- Family Support Specialist (Spanish Speaker)
- Therapist (Homestead)
- Employment Specialist, EFFECT
- Youth Prevention Specialist, Violence Intervention Project (VIP), Afterschool Program
- Substance Abuse Therapist/Addiction Counselor