Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Operate assigned vehicle to transport school-aged children safely and efficiently over specified routes to and from school and home as follows:
Mondays and Wednesdays: 4:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Tuesdays and Thursdays: 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
• Conduct pre-trip safety inspections to ensure that the vehicle can be operated safely.
• Operate the vehicle safely over assigned routes, picking up and delivering only authorized children.
• Use GA’s vehicle for approved errands.
• Supervise passengers during transit for the purpose of maintaining order and ensuring the safety of passengers.
• Keep daily log of children being transported.
• Return the vehicle to the assigned parking lot, perform a final inspection, and secure the van according to procedures.
• Document vehicle mileage daily and maintenance monthly.
• Obey all traffic laws.
• Take vehicles in for servicing and return to GA locations.
• Keep assigned vehicle clean at all times, including arranging for monthly detailing.
• Ensure that all required paperwork and equipment such as a fire extinguisher, first aid kit, spare tire, and tools are in the vehicles, available, and ready for use at all times.
• Driver is responsible for payment of any traffic violations while driving GA vehicles.
• Driver must immediately notify the Director of Operations of any citation received while driving GA vehicles.
• In case of an accident or mechanical breakdown, the driver must move vehicle off the roadway to a safe location if possible and notify the authorities immediately.
• The driver must report all accidents immediately to the Director of Operations and the Program Manager.
• The driver must complete accident reports and submit them to the Director of Operations as soon as possible.
• The driver must notify the Director of Operations of mechanical failure, safety deficiencies, or other incidents.
The candidate must be able to communicate in English. Bilingual preferred (English/Creole or English/Spanish)
• Reliable personal transportation.
• Must be able to pass FDLE Level II criminal background check (fingerprint) and drug screening.
• Valid Florida Driver’s License.
• Candidate must either currently have a Broward County Chauffeur’s Registration or be able to secure one within one week of hire.
• Excellent driving record.
• Performing the duties of this position requires the ability to walk, sit, stand, reach, talk, hear, and lift materials, including equipment.
Gang Alternative, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
This position shall have access to information in a personnel and client’s record only to the extent that such information is required to carry out job duties. Any information obtained will only be used by or disclosed to those who have a need to know to ensure the provision of quality client care. Staff and client information’s are to be held strictly confidential.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties required of personnel so classified. Responsibilities, knowledge, skill, abilities and working conditions may be supplemented or revised at any time.
To apply for this career fill out the form below
- Program Manager, Collective Action for Addressing Trauma Program
- GED Teacher
- Project ENGAGE: AmeriCorps VISTA Communications Associate
- Project ENGAGE: AmeriCorps VISTA Data & Resource Associate 1
- Driver & Operations Support
- Outreach Specialist
- After School Instructor
- Natural Helper
- Certified Teacher
- Case Manager, At-Risk Youth Development Program
- Employment Specialist, At-Risk Youth Development Program
- Data Specialist
- Case Manager, School Violence Prevention Program
- Program Manager, Youth Re- entry Program
- Job Developer, Youth Re-entry Program
- Case Manager, Youth Re-entry Program
- Therapist (Part-Time)
- Director of People & Culture (for a non-profit organization)
- Job Developer, Workforce Development Department
- Part-time Driver
- Tutor/Certified Teacher (Math Specialization)
- Youth Prevention Specialist
- Therapist (Miami-Dade County)
- Case Manager, UPLIFT Service Partnership
- Family Support Specialist
- Therapist (Homestead)