Youth Prevention Specialist (Belle Glade, FL)
Youth Prevention Specialists serve as liaisons to students for prevention and intervention services. The Youth Prevention Specialists are also responsible for facilitating sessions of evidence-based curricula, identifying additional needs of students through screening and assessments, developing student development plans, linking students to services, creating and maintaining client files, coordinating client development activities, monitoring and tracking client progress including administering data collection and evaluation instruments, conducting outreach and recruitment and resource development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct outreach and recruitment of program participants for Gang Alternative programs.
- Delivery evidence-based curriculum to groups of students in community-based and in-school settings.
- Promote an inclusive, safe, and supportive environment where all program participants will be assured that they can and will be heard.
- Conduct intakes, assessments, identify student needs, create development plans, link students to services and provide case management services as needed.
- Provide guidance and monitor individual client activities as outlined in development plans to track client progress toward attainment of identified goals.
- Coordinate links to appropriate support services and provide appropriate referrals.
- Administer evaluation tools and collect program data.
- Score pre and post assessments.
- Serve as liaison to school personnel where children attend (to maintain grade reports and monitor student progress) and to other program staff, external partners, and community members.
- Attend and assist in planning and execution of Parent Circle Meetings.
- Attend scheduled meetings and participate in scheduled activities deemed necessary by the Program Manager or other Senior Management Staff to include community meetings, information sessions, and health fairs.
- Submit activity logs and all required project management documents in a timely manner.
- Maintain systems, procedures, and methods for programmatic record keeping while ensuring accuracy.
- Keep supervisor informed of day-to-day activities, significant events or conditions impacting on client and/or staff well-being, team safety, and office operations.
- Serves as an Ambassador of Gang Alternative, Inc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Work, or related degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant experience in youth education/ prevention programming and/or outreach and case management.
- Must be able to pass a level one FDLE background clearance
- Experience implementing evidence-based curricula to youth.
- Bilingual in Haitian Creole/Spanish (preferred.)
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Effective group/classroom management skills.
- Demonstrated experience in developing relationships with youth participants and parents.
- Ability to work with and engage individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, professionalism and maturity in handling sensitive information, participant interaction, and community relations.
- Ability to organize, plan, and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take a collaborative, team-oriented approach.
- Strong technology skills including proficiency in use of managing virtual platforms and proficiency working with Microsoft Office Suite especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position may require independent travel between workstation and other sites. Consequently, the incumbent must maintain valid Driver’s License and insurance coverage on personal vehicle at all times during employment.
- Performing the duties of this position requires the ability to walk, sit, stand, reach, talk, hear and lift presentation materials, including equipment.
Gang Alternative, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
Gang Alternative, Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace.
Gang Alternative, Inc. will offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, health, 403b, and vacation benefits.
This position shall have access to information in a personnel and client’s record only to the extent that such information is required to carry out job duties. Any information obtained will only be used by or disclosed to those who have a need to know to ensure the provision of quality client care. Staff and client information’s are to be held strictly confidential.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties required of personnel so classified. Responsibilities, knowledge, skill, abilities and working conditions may be supplemented or revised at any time.
To apply for this career fill out the form below
- Youth Prevention Specialist (Afterschool Programs) 10.30 am – 7.00 pm
- Youth Prevention Specialist, BLOC (Homestead) 10.30 am – 7.00pm
- Program Manager- Youth Violence Intervention Program
- Program Assistant – UPSCM Coalition
- Program Manager – Workforce Re-entry, Project GO
- Employment Specialist
- Case Manager
- Outreach Worker
- Administrative Associate
- Program Manager- Afterschool Program
- Director of Programs
- Program Manager, Collective Action for Addressing Trauma Program
- Certified Teacher
- Case Manager, At-Risk Youth Development Program
- Employment Specialist, At-Risk Youth Development Program
- Data Specialist
- Program Manager, School Violence Prevention Programs
- Case Manager, School Violence Prevention Program
- Job Developer, Youth Re-entry Program
- Therapist (Part-Time)
- Director of People & Culture (for a non-profit organization)
- Case Manager, Opioid Prevention Project (OPP)
- Job Developer, Workforce Development Department
- Youth Prevention Specialist
- Part-time Certified Teacher (Afterschool Program)
- Program Manager, Therapy and Parenting Programs
- Training Coordinator, Mental Health First Aid Program
- Program Manager, Sexual Risk Avoidance Education Programs, Miami-Dade
- Youth Prevention Specialist (Homestead)
- Therapist (Miami-Dade County)
- Public Policy/Coalition Manager
- Success Coach (Case Manager), UPLIFT Service Partnership
- Family Support Specialist
- Youth Prevention Specialist (Belle Glade, FL)
- Therapist (Homestead)