Circle of Strength for
Child Victims of Addiction Crisis (COS-CVAC)
- Health & Wellness
- Circle Of Strength (COS)
- Circle of Strength for Child Victims of Addiction Crisis (COS-CVAC)
- Opioid Prevention Project (OPP)
- Project Addiction Support Services to Increase Safety and Treatment (ASSIST)
- Screening Testing Education And Prevention Urban Partnership (STEP-UP)
- Supporting Mental Health Awareness, Recognition, and Training (SMART)
- Supporting Urban Populations With Prevention Opportunities To Reduce Transmission (SUPPORT)
Circle of Strength for Child Victims of Addiction Crisis (COS-CVAC)
Youth ages 4-18
Help youth and their families thrive through the traumatic effects of addiction
Many children in our community have experienced both direct and secondhand trauma. When traumatic events happen in the home or are viewed at a distance, a family’s well-being is at risk. While children are resilient, trauma may lead to medical and mental health problems including lowered academic function, behavioral issues, depression, anxiety, substance abuse and suicide.
Addiction in our homes and communities’ affects everyone. Crimes are committed to support drug dependence; material and emotional negligence occurs; schools and other social service agencies are taxed beyond measure dealing with the fall out.
Circle of Strength for Child Victims of Addiction Crisis (COS-CVAC) falls under our Health and Wellness Pillar. COS-CVAC is a comprehensive program that provides prevention, intervention and treatment services to children and youth who are victims of the local addiction crisis.
Gang Alternative Inc.’s therapists work with families to encourage healing, through communication and action. Being able to connect thoughts, feelings and behaviors builds protective factors that can help our children, youth and families thrive and find joy despite incidents and circumstances. Our therapists speak English, Creole, and Spanish.
COS-CVAC is funded by the Department of Justice, Office for Victims of Crime (OVC)