Guiding the Path to Success
21st Century (GPS 21)
- Positive Youth Development
- Building Leaders of Character (BLOC)
- Guiding the Path to Success (GPS)
- Guiding the Path to Success 21st Century (GPS 21)
- Kids Splash
- Nap Tann
- Not-In-Our-School (NIOS)
- Reducing Incidences of Sexual Risk through Education (RISE)
- Risk Education and Supportive Interventions for Safe Teens (RESIST)
- Sex Education Through Learning and Family-Involvement (SELFI)
- The Alternative
- Violence Intervention Program (VIP)
- Violence Intervention Through Community Engagement (VICE)
- We Will Wait (W3)
- Youth Excellence Program (YEP Broward)
- Youth Excellence Program (YEP)
- Youth Splash
Guiding the Path to Success 21st Century (GPS 21)
Orchard Villa Elementary School
An after-school program preparing students for lifelong learning and well-being
Positive self-esteem and self-confidence are important factors in academic success. Supporting a young student with activities outside their time in school helps motivate them to become better students and increases their belief in themselves.
GPS 21st Century provides enrichment services to students in grades K-5, and their parents and family members, to promote academic success, personal growth and increased literacy. It is under our Positive Youth Development Pillar of Service.
Students targeted by our program fall into several high-risk categories that include students who are not proficient in math, language arts and science, are not on track academically to become proficient, and have a high rate of absenteeism and suspensions.
Activities include; homework assistance, literacy enhancement, math and science enrichment, physical fitness, health and nutrition services, creative arts, character-building, and parent-oriented activities.
After-school runs Monday – Friday from 3:00 – 6:00 p.m. (2:00 – 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday) daily during the school year and 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. throughout summer. The program serves students attending Orchard Villa Elementary at 5720 NW 13 Ave., Miami, FL, 33181.