Molding Male Minds
- Positive Youth Development
- Building Leaders of Character (BLOC)
- Guiding the Path to Success (GPS)
- Kids Splash
- Molding Male Minds (M3)
- Nap Tann
- Not-In-Our-School (NIOS)
- Project Building Resiliency through Anti-Violence Education (BRAVE)
- Project SELFI (Sex Education Through Learning and Family-Involvement)
- Reducing Incidences of Sexual Risk through Education (RISE)
- Risk Education and Supportive Interventions for Safe Teens (RESIST)
- Violence Intervention Program (VIP)
- Violence Intervention Through Community Engagement (VICE)
- We Will Wait (W3)
- Youth Excellence Program (YEP Broward)
- Youth Excellence Program (YEP)
- Youth Splash
Molding Male Minds (M3)
Black, Middle-school Aged Boys
Educate students on preventing violence against women and girls
According to law enforcement data, Miami-Dade County specifically experiences the largest concentration of violence against women and girls (VAWG) in all forms (domestic violence, dating violence, sex trafficking, stalking,) and is a major public health problem in South Florida. This violence occurs too frequently in local communities and negatively affects women’s physical, mental, sexual, and reproductive health. This, in turn, elevates socio-economic problems such as increased crime and poverty throughout the community. Molding Male Minds (M3 ) addresses the lack of education and awareness needed to reduce the prevalence of gender-specific violence. It uses prevention strategies that break the cycle of violence by introducing an integrated, coordinated, community-led approach to prevention.
M3 is a community-driven and male-focused educational program, mentorship, and prevention initiative that empowers Black (primarily Haitian and other Afro-Caribbean) middle school-aged boys to stand against VAWG.
This program uses a Strategic Prevention Framework that follows a proven method of assessing and addressing the causes, environmental factors, and resource gaps that make these issues a community concern.