Risk Education and Supportive Interventions
for Safe Teens (RESIST)
- Positive Youth Development
- Building Leaders of Character (BLOC)
- Guiding the Path to Success (GPS)
- Kids Splash
- Nap Tann
- Not-In-Our-School (NIOS)
- Project SELFI (Sex Education Through Learning and Family-Involvement)
- Reducing Incidences of Sexual Risk through Education (RISE)
- Risk Education and Supportive Interventions for Safe Teens (RESIST)
- Violence Intervention Program (VIP)
- Violence Intervention Through Community Engagement (VICE)
- We Will Wait (W3)
- Youth Excellence Program (YEP Broward)
- Youth Excellence Program (YEP)
- Youth Splash
Risk Education and Supportive Interventions for Safe Teens (RESIST)
High school youth
Glades region of Palm Beach County
In-school and after-school program that teaches teens how to build healthy and successful relationships
Serving communities located in the Glades region of Palm Beach County, Project RESIST is an in-school and after-school program that teaches teens how to build healthy and successful relationships. Project RESIST encourages youth to avoid risky behaviors and focus on meaningful ways to develop strong, nurturing connections. This is done by teaching teens communication skills, how to identify red flags in their relationships, goal setting, negotiation and refusal skills, and healthy coping mechanisms to reduce substance and alcohol use.
To improve communication about this topic, Project RESIST also helps parents build lines of communication with their teens, as parents are the most positive influences in a child’s life.
RESIST was made possible by Funding Opportunity Number HHS-2021-ACF-ACYF-SR-1927 from the Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families.