In order to get hired for photography jobs, you need a proven portfolio and hands-on experience. But in order to build an impressive portfolio, you need to shoot the subjects you’re interested in. How do you gain real-life photography experience? Or maybe you’re a seasoned veteran who just wants to contribute your time to a worthy cause.
Luckily, Gang Alternative, Inc. can provide you with opportunities to expand your portfolio and contribute to our mission of “Building Character That Lasts.” Volunteering to take photos is a rewarding way to contribute to a cause you care about while fine-tuning your skills.
Please review our programs under “Pillars of Service” to look at the wide range of opportunities that we offer and where we might need professional photography for our website and marketing materials. We have programs with kids of all ages, adults and families.
You’ll work with the Communications and Outreach Director to go to events, programs and trainings to build your portfolio and help further our good work in the process. This would be sporadic, and you would be able to choose what opportunities make the most sense for you. They could be daytime, evening, or weekends and would be based on your availability.
Please submit your resume including a link to your portfolio to begin the conversation.
To apply for this volunteer role fill out the form below
- Tutor/Certified Teacher
- Program Manager, YouthBuild
- Youth Prevention Specialist
- Case Manager, Re-entry Program
- Part-time Certified Teacher (Afterschool Program)
- Site Coordinator
- Part-Time Afterschool Certified Teacher
- Program Manager, Building Leaders of Character (Afterschool Program)
- Case Manager-Re-entry (Dade)
- Employment Specialist, Project HERO
- Training Coordinator, Mental Health First Aid Program
- Public Policy/Coalition Internship
- Program Officer (UPSCM)
- Program Manager, HIV/STI Prevention Program
- Therapist (Miami-Dade County)
- Therapist (South Dade/ Homestead Area)
- Care Coordinator, UPLIFT Service Partnership
- Family Support Specialist
- Case Manager, Project CAREERRS
- Information Technology Specialist
- Therapist (Homestead)
- Employment Specialist/Job Developer, Re-entry Program
- Employment Specialist, EFFECT
- Substance Abuse Therapist/Addiction Counselor