In order to get hired for photography jobs, you need a proven portfolio and hands-on experience. But in order to build an impressive portfolio, you need to shoot the subjects you’re interested in. How do you gain real-life photography experience? Or maybe you’re a seasoned veteran who just wants to contribute your time to a worthy cause.
Luckily, Gang Alternative, Inc. can provide you with opportunities to expand your portfolio and contribute to our mission of “Building Character That Lasts.” Volunteering to take photos is a rewarding way to contribute to a cause you care about while fine-tuning your skills.
Please review our programs under “Pillars of Service” to look at the wide range of opportunities that we offer and where we might need professional photography for our website and marketing materials. We have programs with kids of all ages, adults and families.
You’ll work with the Communications and Outreach Director to go to events, programs and trainings to build your portfolio and help further our good work in the process. This would be sporadic, and you would be able to choose what opportunities make the most sense for you. They could be daytime, evening, or weekends and would be based on your availability.
Please submit your resume including a link to your portfolio to begin the conversation.
To apply for this volunteer role fill out the form below
- Public Policy/Coalition Internship
- Collaborative Assistant
- Program Manager, Gang Suppression and Intervention Programs
- Youth Prevention Specialist, Youth Excellence Program (YEP)
- Therapist (Miami-Dade County)
- Youth Prevention Specialist, Youth Excellence Program (YEP Broward)
- Therapist (South Dade/ Homestead Area)
- Community Health Worker
- Human Resources Manager
- Educator for Youth Sexual Risk Avoidance Program
- Care Coordinator, UPLIFT Service Partnership
- Parent Navigator
- Family Support Specialist
- Case Manager, Project CAREERRS
- Information Technology Specialist
- Youth Prevention Specialist, Violence Intervention Project (VIP)
- Case Manager, Opioid Prevention Project (OPP)
- Employment Specialist/Job Developer, Re-entry Program
- Data Coordinator
- Employment Specialist, EFFECT
- Substance Abuse Therapist/Addiction Counselor