Correctional Adult Re-entry Education Employment
and Recidivism Reduction Strategies (CAREERRS)
- Workforce Development
- Encouraging Full Female Engagement in Construction Training (EFFECT)
- Housing, Employment And Re-integration Opportunities (HERO)
- ME (Mission: Educate)
- Project GO (Growth Opportunity)
- Rebuilding Efforts, Networks, Education and Work (RENEW Broward)
- Rebuilding Efforts, Networks, Education and Work (RENEW Dade)
Correctional Adult Re-entry Education Employment and Recidivism Reduction Strategies (CAREERRS)
Individuals currently being housed in Miami-Dade County Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation facilities
To integrate correctional and employment programming and systems in order to help facilitate the successful reintegration of offenders returning to communities after a prison or jail sentence
CAREERRS works with correctional facilities to provide on-site services such as:
- Occupational skills training
- Work readiness training
- Legal support services
- Support services after release (housing, clothing & transportation assistance, medical and mental health services, etc.)
- Job placement assistance
CAREERRS focuses on establishing and enhancing education, vocational and job training programs to incarcerated individuals prior to their release from correctional facilities in Miami-Dade County.
Each individual enrolled is assigned a Case Manager and Employment Specialist, who supports them in reaching their identified goals, both personal and professional. Upon release, individuals receive transitional support and job placement services.
“We continue our efforts to reduce recidivism and increase self-sufficiency by giving justice-involved individuals a second chance.”
CAREERRS is funded through the Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Assistance.