Project Building Resiliency through Anti-Violence Education
- Positive Youth Development
- Building Leaders of Character (BLOC)
- Guiding the Path to Success (GPS)
- Kids Splash
- Molding Male Minds (M3)
- Nap Tann
- Not-In-Our-School (NIOS)
- Project Building Resiliency through Anti-Violence Education (BRAVE)
- Project SELFI (Sex Education Through Learning and Family-Involvement)
- Reducing Incidences of Sexual Risk through Education (RISE)
- Risk Education and Supportive Interventions for Safe Teens (RESIST)
- Violence Intervention Program (VIP)
- Violence Intervention Through Community Engagement (VICE)
- We Will Wait (W3)
- Youth Excellence Program (YEP Broward)
- Youth Excellence Program (YEP)
- Youth Splash
Project Building Resiliency through Anti-Violence Education (BRAVE)
Middle and high school students
Educate students and train school personnel on preventing student violence
School violence is a national crisis resulting from deeper, more complex issues rooted in familial and community trauma. Project BRAVE (Building Resiliency through Anti-Violence Education), improves school security by providing students with the tools they need to recognize, respond quickly to, and help prevent acts of violence. It also equips teachers, school resource officers, and parents with the knowledge and tools needed to identify and respond to potential risks, including risks posed as a result of a student’s mental health crisis.
Project Building Resiliency through Anti-Violence Education (BRAVE) is an in-school violence prevention program that provides a trauma-focused approach to educate students on how to prevent violence against themselves and others and provides support to students to help them manage and heal from the challenges they face at home and in their communities. High and middle school students learn the tools they need to understand how positive action influences their thoughts and feelings which in turn helps prevent acts of violence in and around schools.
This program uses gamification principles to reinforce positive behaviors in students and virtual learning opportunities. BRAVE also consists of evidence-based training that teaches participants how to identify, understand, and respond to youth experiencing a mental health crisis.