- Positive Youth Development
- Building Leaders of Character (BLOC)
- Guiding the Path to Success (GPS)
- Guiding the Path to Success 21st Century (GPS 21)
- Kids Splash
- Nap Tann
- Not-In-Our-School (NIOS)
- Reducing Incidences of Sexual Risk through Education (RISE)
- Risk Education and Supportive Interventions for Safe Teens (RESIST)
- Sex Education Through Learning and Family-Involvement (SELFI)
- The Alternative
- Violence Intervention Program (VIP)
- Violence Intervention Through Community Engagement (VICE)
- We Will Wait (W3)
- Youth Excellence Program (YEP Broward)
- Youth Excellence Program (YEP)
- Youth Splash
Youth Excellence Program (YEP)
Youth ages 11-18
Little Haiti, Liberty City, Overtown, Little Havana, North Miami and Miami Gardens
In-school life skills and substance abuse prevention program
Underage drinking and drug use can affect anyone. Nearly every child is exposed to violence, stress, anger, drugs, drinking and poverty; if not in their neighborhood then through other classmates or in the media. Youth with poor school attendance, low academic performance, low income, recent immigration, or at-risk of abuse/neglect are at greater risk for substance use.
YEP is under Positive Youth Development in our Five Pillars of Service and is an in-school program that teaches elementary, middle and high school students skills, strategies and tools to resist drugs including marijuana, opiates, alcohol and other mind altering substances. We also teach about the dangers of tobacco.
Our Youth Prevention Specialists teach students positive ways to cope with stress and help them learn what works best for them as individuals. We show youth to stand up for themselves in positive ways and build self-confidence to carry with them for life. Some students receive individual support and services if needed.
YEP is sponsored by Thriving Mind South Florida and the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families to provide substance abuse prevention services.