Sex Education Through Learning
and Family-Involvement (SELFI)
- Positive Youth Development
- Building Leaders of Character (BLOC)
- Guiding the Path to Success (GPS)
- Guiding the Path to Success 21st Century (GPS 21)
- Kids Splash
- Nap Tann
- Not-In-Our-School (NIOS)
- Reducing Incidences of Sexual Risk through Education (RISE)
- Risk Education and Supportive Interventions for Safe Teens (RESIST)
- Sex Education Through Learning and Family-Involvement (SELFI)
- The Alternative
- Violence Intervention Program (VIP)
- Violence Intervention Through Community Engagement (VICE)
- We Will Wait (W3)
- Youth Excellence Program (YEP Broward)
- Youth Excellence Program (YEP)
- Youth Splash
Sex Education Through Learning and Family-Involvement (SELFI)
Middle-school aged youth
After-school programming that teaches youth how to build healthy relationships
Since 2005, Gang Alternative, Inc. has been providing prevention services to child and youth living in Miami-Dade County using evidence-based programming. Over the years GA has identified the need for more culturally representative curricula specifically designed to address the complexities of communities across South Florida. Using its experience as a prevention provider and community convener, Gang Alternative created a new curriculum, SELFI, a comprehensive prevention program that builds youth resiliency and protective factors, while helping them develop the skills needed for a successful life.
SELFI is specifically designed to meet the needs of minority youth and uses culturally specific and innovative strategies to reduce risky behavior among youth.
SELFI includes topics like healthy relationships, adolescent development, financial literacy, entrepreneurship, parent-child communication, education and career success, and healthy life skills to support positive youth development among middle school youth.
SELFI was made possible by Funding Opportunity Number HHS-2021-ACF-ACYF-AP-1928 from the Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families.