- Positive Youth Development
- Building Leaders of Character (BLOC)
- Guiding the Path to Success (GPS)
- Kids Splash
- Molding Male Minds (M3)
- Nap Tann
- Not-In-Our-School (NIOS)
- Project Building Resiliency through Anti-Violence Education (BRAVE)
- Project SELFI (Sex Education Through Learning and Family-Involvement)
- Reducing Incidences of Sexual Risk through Education (RISE)
- Risk Education and Supportive Interventions for Safe Teens (RESIST)
- Violence Intervention Program (VIP)
- Violence Intervention Through Community Engagement (VICE)
- We Will Wait (W3)
- Youth Excellence Program (YEP Broward)
- Youth Excellence Program (YEP)
- Youth Splash
High school students
Little Haiti and surrounding communities in Miami-Dade County
In-school and after-school program that helps build healthy and successful relationships
At Gang Alterative, Inc., we believe in intentionally building healthy relationships. We encourage youth to establish personal lines of respect and live the best version of themselves. In their teenage years, puberty sometimes gets in the way of understanding healthy approaches to building relationships that last.
Meaning “we will wait” in Creole, Nap Tann is an in-school and after-school program for teens that helps build healthy and successful relationships with partners, family, and friends.
Understanding that romantic relationships do not need to be based on sex, Nap Tann aims to help teens build up their self-esteem and discover ways to live a life with purpose and self-worth. It also encourages youth to avoid risky behaviors and focus on meaningful ways to develop strong, nurturing connections.
Nap Tann empowers teens to make healthy decision to avoid risky behaviors. The program is designed to teach youth personal responsibility, self-regulation, goal setting, healthy decision-making, and a focus on meaningful ways to develop strong, nurturing connections.
To improve communication about this topic, Nap Tann also helps parents with ways to discuss sexual issues with their teens, openly and without judgment, and increase their knowledge of teen sexual risks.
Nap Tann was made possible by Funding Opportunity Number HHS-2020-ACF-ACYF-SR-1849 from the Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families. Its contents are solely the responsibility of Gang Alternative, Inc. and do not necessarily represent the official views of the Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families.