Reducing Incidences of Sexual Risk
through Education (RISE)
- Positive Youth Development
- Building Leaders of Character (BLOC)
- Guiding the Path to Success (GPS)
- Guiding the Path to Success 21st Century (GPS 21)
- Kids Splash
- Nap Tann
- Not-In-Our-School (NIOS)
- Reducing Incidences of Sexual Risk through Education (RISE)
- Risk Education and Supportive Interventions for Safe Teens (RESIST)
- Sex Education Through Learning and Family-Involvement (SELFI)
- The Alternative
- Violence Intervention Program (VIP)
- Violence Intervention Through Community Engagement (VICE)
- We Will Wait (W3)
- Youth Excellence Program (YEP Broward)
- Youth Excellence Program (YEP)
- Youth Splash
Reducing Incidences of Sexual Risk through Education (RISE)
Middle school and high school-aged students
In-school and after-school program that teaches students how to build healthy relationships and reduce risky behaviors
Project RISE is an in-school and after-school program that teaches middle and high school-aged youth how to build healthy relationships and reduce risky behaviors. Through innovative and age-specific programming, Project RISE empowers teens to deal with their emotions, cultivate life skills, and resist peer pressure. In addition to establishing healthy relationships between peers and trusted adults, the program promotes adolescent development, educational and career development, and financial literacy. Teens receive support to set personal goals and strive to reach them.
Project RISE aims to encourage healthy peer-to-peer and parent-to-child communications about relationship issues to reduce the early onset of risky behavior. Creating open dialogue on topics that are often taboo allows teens to address concerns and reject myths.
RISE participants engage in fun and exciting field trips, and interactive games and activities to broaden their perspectives and help them to envision a promising future.
RISE was made possible by Funding Opportunity Number HHS-2021-ACF-ACYF-AK-1929 from the Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families.