Youth Prevention Specialist (Afterschool Programs) 10.30 am – 7.00 pm
Gang Alternative, Inc. implements various programs under its Positive Youth Development Pillar of Service. All of these programs use evidence-based curricula and are delivered either in-school or in an out-of-school (after school program) setting and are targeted to for elementary, middle and high school students.
They focus on youth substance abuse prevention; healthy relationships including social and ‘romantic’ relationships; violence prevention; and/or HIV/STI education.
The Youth Prevention Specialists are responsible for facilitating sessions of evidence-based curricula, identifying additional needs of students through screening and assessments.
Youth Prevention Specialists serve as liaisons to school personnel as well as community partners.
Outreach is a key component of this fulfilling this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate in-school and community-based (after-school) sessions using evidence-based curricula, while maintaining fidelity to the models.
- Conduct intakes, assessments, identify student needs, and link students to services.
- Administer evaluation tools and collect program data.
- Assist with coalition activities and initiatives to educate community stakeholders on substance use issues.
- Maintain systems, procedures, and methods for programmatic record keeping while ensuring accuracy.
- Attend funder trainings, staff trainings, and meetings to improve professional skills and enhance the program activities.
- Serve as an Ambassador of Gang Alternative, Inc..
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in, Social Work, Education, Social Science, Criminal Justice, or related field.
- Preferably, two years of experience serving youth and families preferably in the areas of education, outreach, and case management.
- Having a fun, positive attitude!
- Youth engaging skills including classroom management.
- Demonstrated facilitation and public speaking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, cultural competence, and ability to work effectively with youth and adult volunteers in a collaborative, team-oriented approach.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, professionalism and maturity in handling sensitive information, participant interaction, and community relations.
- Ability to organize, plan, and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and meet deadlines.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish/Kreyol strongly preferred.
- This position may require independent travel between workstation and other sites. Consequently, the incumbent must always maintain valid Driver’s License and insurance coverage on personal vehicle during
- Performing the duties of this position requires the ability to walk, sit, stand, reach, talk, hear and lift presentation materials, including equipment.
- Gang Alternative, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen based on ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
- Gang Alternative, Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace.
Gang Alternative, Inc. will offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, health, 403b and vacation benefits.
- Health Insurance (partially funded by employer)
- Medical Gap Insurance (fully funded by employer)
- Dental Insurance (partially funded by employer)
- Vision Insurance (fully funded by employer)
- Life and AD&D (fully funded by employer)
- Supplemental Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement plan (with employer match)
- Family Medical Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off, including Birthday and Personal Day
- Professional development opportunities
- Opportunities for career growth
To apply for this career fill out the form below
- Youth Prevention Specialist (Afterschool Programs) 10.30 am – 7.00 pm
- Youth Prevention Specialist, BLOC (Homestead) 10.30 am – 7.00pm
- Program Manager- Youth Violence Intervention Program
- Program Assistant – UPSCM Coalition
- Program Manager – Workforce Re-entry, Project GO
- Employment Specialist
- Case Manager
- Outreach Worker
- Administrative Associate
- Program Manager- Afterschool Program
- Director of Programs
- Program Manager, Collective Action for Addressing Trauma Program
- Certified Teacher
- Case Manager, At-Risk Youth Development Program
- Employment Specialist, At-Risk Youth Development Program
- Data Specialist
- Program Manager, School Violence Prevention Programs
- Case Manager, School Violence Prevention Program
- Job Developer, Youth Re-entry Program
- Therapist (Part-Time)
- Director of People & Culture (for a non-profit organization)
- Case Manager, Opioid Prevention Project (OPP)
- Job Developer, Workforce Development Department
- Youth Prevention Specialist
- Part-time Certified Teacher (Afterschool Program)
- Program Manager, Therapy and Parenting Programs
- Training Coordinator, Mental Health First Aid Program
- Program Manager, Sexual Risk Avoidance Education Programs, Miami-Dade
- Youth Prevention Specialist (Homestead)
- Therapist (Miami-Dade County)
- Public Policy/Coalition Manager
- Success Coach (Case Manager), UPLIFT Service Partnership
- Family Support Specialist
- Youth Prevention Specialist (Belle Glade, FL)
- Therapist (Homestead)