Employment Specialist, At-Risk Youth Development Program
Project GO (Growth Opportunities) prepares justice-involved youth and young adults for employment through education and training, paid work experiences, mentorship, and leadership development, and contributes to community violence intervention among youth and young adults. The Employment Specialist will maintain responsibility for supporting participants in developing personal employment goals, improving employability skills, and creating and executing career plans. Additionally, s/he is responsible for promoting and developing employment, work experience, and on-the-job training opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and maintain healthy relationships with Miami-Dade County employers for work experience, job shadowing, and job placement purposes.
- Facilitate work readiness/employability skills and soft skills development training.
- Support participants with resume preparation, interviewing, job coaching, and other areas to support job placement and retention.
- Responsible for engaging and demonstrating to employers the effectiveness and profitability of employing unemployed, underemployed as well as individuals that have less than desirable backgrounds by identifying jobs that workers can perform in, aligned with identified career pathways and labor market data.
- Assist in conducting outreach and in executing recruitment processes consistent with the program goals and objectives.
- Assist in conducting participant intakes and eligibility verification.
- Administer multiple evidence-based assessments.
- Utilize assessment results to inform the development of the participants’ career plan.
- Provide guidance and monitor individual participant employment and career development activities as outlined in their career plans.
- Provide career guidance and mentorship to participants as needed.
- Coordinate job fairs and other employer engagement events.
- Maintain contact with employers during the participants’ employment and support participant employment retention.
- Abide by all HIPPA rules and regulations. Maintain strict confidentiality when handling client or staff information.
- Serves as an Ambassador of Gang Alternative, Inc.’s.
- Any other duties as needed.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Administration or related degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in delivering employability skills training.
- Demonstrated experience in employer engagement.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations, including, but not limited to justice-involved youth.
- Ability to effectively engage employers in in-demand industries, to support job placement needs of individuals that have less than desirable background
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse cultural, ethnic and social grou
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and partnerships; maintain confidentiality, professionalism and maturity in handling sensitive information, participant interaction and community relations.
- Knowledge of local labor market trends.
- Knowledge of the Miami-Dade County employment sector landscape.
- Must possess proficiency working with Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to successfully navigate through the Internet, excel, power point, and other applicable software.
- This position may require independent travel between workstation and other sites. Consequently, the incumbent must maintain valid Driver’s License and insurance coverage on personal vehicle at all times during employment.
- Performing the duties of this position requires the ability to walk, sit, stand, reach, talk, hear and lift presentation materials, including equipment.
Gang Alternative, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
Compensation and Benefits
Gang Alternative, Inc. will offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, health, 403b, and vacation benefits.
- Health Insurance (partially funded by employer)
- Medical Gap Insurance (fully funded by employer)
- Dental Insurance (partially funded by employer)
- Vision Insurance (fully funded by employer)
- Life and AD&D (fully funded by employer)
- Supplemental Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement plan (with employer match)
- Family Medical Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off, including Birthday and Personal Day
- Professional development opportunities
- Opportunities for career growth
To apply for this career fill out the form below
- Youth Prevention Specialist (Afterschool Programs) 10.30 am – 7.00 pm
- Youth Prevention Specialist, BLOC (Homestead) 10.30 am – 7.00pm
- Program Manager- Youth Violence Intervention Program
- Program Assistant – UPSCM Coalition
- Program Manager – Workforce Re-entry, Project GO
- Employment Specialist
- Case Manager
- Outreach Worker
- Administrative Associate
- Program Manager- Afterschool Program
- Director of Programs
- Program Manager, Collective Action for Addressing Trauma Program
- Certified Teacher
- Case Manager, At-Risk Youth Development Program
- Employment Specialist, At-Risk Youth Development Program
- Data Specialist
- Program Manager, School Violence Prevention Programs
- Case Manager, School Violence Prevention Program
- Job Developer, Youth Re-entry Program
- Therapist (Part-Time)
- Director of People & Culture (for a non-profit organization)
- Case Manager, Opioid Prevention Project (OPP)
- Job Developer, Workforce Development Department
- Youth Prevention Specialist
- Part-time Certified Teacher (Afterschool Program)
- Program Manager, Therapy and Parenting Programs
- Training Coordinator, Mental Health First Aid Program
- Program Manager, Sexual Risk Avoidance Education Programs, Miami-Dade
- Youth Prevention Specialist (Homestead)
- Therapist (Miami-Dade County)
- Public Policy/Coalition Manager
- Success Coach (Case Manager), UPLIFT Service Partnership
- Family Support Specialist
- Youth Prevention Specialist (Belle Glade, FL)
- Therapist (Homestead)