Case Manager, At-Risk Youth Development Program
Project GO (Growth Opportunities) prepares justice-involved youth and young adults for employment through education and training, paid work experiences, mentorship, and leadership development, and contributes to community violence intervention among youth and young adults.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct outreach to and recruitment of at-risk youth.
- Conduct participant intakes, eligibility verification and documentation.
- Administer and analyze evidence-based assessments.
- Utilize assessment results to inform the development of the participants’ Individual Development Plan/Case Plan.
- Provide guidance and monitor individual participant activities as outlined in the case plan to track progress of individual participants toward attainment of identified goals.
- Accurately track, input data, and maintain comprehensive case files.
- Coordinate links to appropriate support services and provide appropriate referrals such as occupational skills training, transportation assistance, employment services, basic needs and emergency assistance, behavioral health support, medical health support and access to other support services.
- Build and maintain healthy relationships with participants.
- Abide by all HIPPA rules and regulations. Maintain strict confidentiality when handling client information.
- Serve as an Ambassador of Gang Alternative, Inc.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position involves accessing correctional institutions. Programming occurs within juvenile detention centers and correctional facilities. Incumbent must be able to pass a Level 2 Background Screening.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related degree.
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant experience in case management.
- Demonstrated experience developing relationships with service providers.
- Willingness to work flexible schedules as deemed necessary.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and partnerships.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse, at-risk youth, including but not limited to justice-involved youth.
- Knowledge of case management principles, objectives, standards, and methods, including motivational interviewing.
- Familiarity with support service agencies in Miami-Dade County.
- Ability to work with and engage individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated capacity to handle multiple tasks, projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Ability to take a collaborative, team-oriented approach.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite especially Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- This position requires independent travel between workstation and other sites. Consequently, the incumbent must always maintain valid Driver’s License and insurance coverage on personal vehicle during employment.
- Performing the duties of this position requires the ability to walk, sit, stand, reach, talk, hear and lift presentation materials, including equipment.
Gang Alternative, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
Gang Alternative, Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace.
Compensation and Benefits
Gang Alternative, Inc. will offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, health, 403b and vacation benefits.
- Health Insurance (partially funded by employer)
- Medical Gap Insurance (fully funded by employer)
- Dental Insurance (partially funded by employer)
- Vision Insurance (fully funded by employer)
- Life and AD&D (fully funded by employer)
- Supplemental Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement plan (with employer match)
- Family Medical Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off, including Birthday and Personal Day
- Professional development opportunities
- Opportunities for career growth
To apply for this career fill out the form below
- Administrative Associate
- Program Manager- GPS
- Director of Programs
- Financial Controller
- GED Teacher
- Part Time Driver
- After School Instructor
- Natural Helper
- Certified Teacher
- Case Manager, At-Risk Youth Development Program
- Employment Specialist, At-Risk Youth Development Program
- Data Specialist
- Program Coordinator, Youth Substance Abuse Prevention Programming
- Program Manager, School Violence Prevention Program
- Case Manager, School Violence Prevention Program
- Job Developer, Youth Re-entry Program
- Case Manager, Youth Re-entry Program
- Therapist (Part-Time)
- Director of People & Culture (for a non-profit organization)
- Job Developer, Workforce Development Department
- Part-time Driver
- Tutor/Certified Teacher (Math Specialization)
- Youth Prevention Specialist
- Site Coordinator
- Therapist (Miami-Dade County)
- Case Manager, UPLIFT Service Partnership
- Family Support Specialist
- Therapist (Homestead)