Program Manager- Youth Violence Intervention Program
Gang Alternative, Inc. offers a competitive Total Rewards Package, in addition your base salary:
- Health Insurance – 100% paid for employee only
- Medical Gap Insurance – 100% paid for employee only
- Dental Insurance – 100% paid for employee only
- Vision Insurance – 100% paid for employee only
- Life and AD&D – 100% paid for employee only
- Supplemental Insurance – Aflac
- 403(b) Retirement plan (with employer match)
- Employee Assistance Program
- 11-12 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off, including Birthday and Personal Day
- Professional development opportunities
- Opportunities for career growth
- Non-profit IRS Taxable Benefits
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Criminal Justice, or related field.
- Five years of experience in coordinating activities targeting at-risk youth.
- Demonstrated experience working in the field of gang and gun violence prevention or reduction.
- Five years of experience overseeing violence prevention/violence reduction programming.
- Three years of experience preparing federal reports.
- Demonstrated experience in working with evidence-based violence intervention and prevention models and culturally-relevant adaptations for the target community.
- Highly effective leadership and community outreach skills, which includes prior experience coordinating with community partners, community development and planning to bring about desired results.
- Demonstrated ability in managing grants including experience with data-driven, outcome- based planning and reporting activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cultural competence, and ability to work effectively with youth and adult volunteers.
- Knowledge of Miami-Dade County service providers and community considered a plus.
- This position may require independent travel between workstation and other sites. Consequently, the incumbent must maintain valid Driver’s License and insurance coverage on personal vehicle at all times during employment.
- Performing the duties of this position requires the ability to walk, sit, stand, reach, talk, hear and lift presentation materials, including equipment.
Gang Alternative, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
Gang Alternative, Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace.
Gang Alternative, Inc.’s Project VICE (Violence Intervention Through Community Engagement) is designed to expand upon the organization’s current OJJDP Youth Gang Suppression Program by incorporating a data-driven focus on the issue of gun violence and victimization. VICE will employ different Community Violence Intervention strategies using a multisystemic community coalition framework aimed at reducing gun violence, targeting youth ages 13-17 who are: (i) involved with or at-risk of involvement with formal or informal gangs and/or (ii) vulnerable to victimization or already experiencing victimization.
This position is directly responsible for coordinating all program activities; achieving timely and effective implementation of grant deliverables; and fostering the strong working relationships with a network of various social partners collaborating for collective impact to address the social and environmental challenges that enable and foster youth engagement in gun violence in Miami-Dade County. He/she is responsible for facilitating strategy development and implementation processes with a broad range of stakeholders through the establishment of a community coalition, based on program objectives; and analyzing alignment of resources and organizational systems in place. This position will also support initiatives that facilitate effective planning practices and resources across the network of stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and lead coordination efforts for a multisystemic community coalition framework (VICE Anti-Violence Community Coalition) to support achievement of program goals. This includes forming and maintaining stakeholder partnership efforts for key systems linkages.
- Develop and facilitate public information campaigns on youth gun violence and engagement reduction.
- Conduct outreach to engage youth participants, at the community and individual levels, who may have current or past experience with gun violence.
- Implement the employment of different Community Violence Intervention strategies aimed at reducing gun violence, targeting youth ages 13-17 who are involved with or at-risk of involvement with formal or informal gangs; who have experienced gun violence (either through perpetration or victimization); and/or those who vulnerable to victimization or already experiencing victimization.
- Coordinate delivery of evidence-based life skills programming to target youth in an after- school
- Supervise coordination of mentoring and community service projects in addition to after school skill development sessions for youth and families.
- Provide motivational leadership and vision to the coalition, working collaboratively to facilitate implementation of the work
- Facilitate coordination of activities of all consultants, paid and in-kind, to support work
- Facilitate organization of workgroups, implementation of work plan strategies, and community
- Ensure effective grant and budget
- Provide timely preparation of all management and grant required including preparation/submission of written narrative and fiscal progress reports, statistics and reports to funder.
To apply for this career fill out the form below
- Case Manager/Benefits Coordinator- Supported Employment Program
- Job Developer- Youth Re-entry Program
- Youth Prevention Specialist (Afterschool Programs) 10.30 am – 7.00 pm
- Director of Programs
- Outreach Worker
- Certified Teacher (Afterschool Program)
- Youth Prevention Specialist
- Youth Prevention Specialist, (Homestead) 10.30 am – 7.00pm
- Parenting Educator
- Certified Teacher
- Case Manager, At-Risk Youth Development Program
- Training Coordinator, Mental Health First Aid Program
- Employment Specialist, At-Risk Youth Development Program
- Program Manager- Sexual Risk Avoidance Education Programs
- Program Manager, School Violence Prevention Programs
- Program Manager, Collective Action for Addressing Trauma Program
- Therapist (Part-Time)
- Program Manager- Youth Violence Intervention Program
- Job Developer- Supported Employment Program
- Part Time Driver
- Program Manager- Afterschool Program
- Therapist (Miami-Dade County)
- Success Coach (Case Manager), UPLIFT Service Partnership
- Employment Specialist
- Case Manager- Adult Re-entry Program
- QA/QI Manager
- After School Instructor – Phicol Williams